Reporting to the President, this position develops and implements short-term and long-term fund development strategies for pursuing major and planned gifts that increase financial support consistent with the Foundation’s comprehensive strategic plan and enhance the long term financial stability of the Foundation.
- Research, identify, and cultivate individual, corporate and other prospects.
- Manage portfolio of 150-200 major gift prospects. Create donor cultivation and moves management plan for each prospect. Track moves management plan in Raiser’s Edge.
- Work with Donor Relations Coordinator to plan and execute stewardship mailings and events.
- Design, develop, and manage annual and long-range plans for increasing fund development, including individual, corporate, foundation, and other outside sources.
- Assist the President and board leadership in setting short-term and long-term goals and objectives to meet needs of Trinity Regional Health System as outlined in the TRHS strategic plan.
- In partnership with the Foundation President, and Foundation team, develop plan for comprehensive communications outreach to donors, partners, and community agencies
- Partner with Database and Gifts Specialist to adapt and manage current database for fund development, as well as create summary reports and analyze trends in the development program to inform and enhance future development efforts.
- Partner with Associate Director of Development to identify prospects, cultivate donors (current and prospective), and sustain stewardship activities.
EDUCATION, TRAINING & EXPERIENCE: Bachelor’s degree required along with 5 years of professional development experience with a proven record of major and gift fund raising in a not for profit environment. Demonstrated major gift and donor cultivation and solicitation expertise.
KNOWLEDGE, ABILITIES & SKILLS: Excellent communication skills and the ability to speak, write, and design messages in various formats for different audiences. Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to interact with and build relationships with a diverse constituency. Highly-organized and able to meet strict deadlines. Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic team environment.