$80K - $100K(Ladders Estimates)
The Division of Development and Alumni Relations supports and promotes the mission, purpose, and priorities of the University of Miami through fundraising and engagement by building and nurturing strategic philanthropic relationships to improve and transform the lives of individuals and communities. We are committed to values central to the Division – Service, Gratitude, Trust, and Partnership – which guide our strategic thinking, decision-making, and day-to-day interaction with each other and our stakeholders.
The Director, Foundation Relations is responsible for managing foundation proposals. The Director is responsible for the implementation of a strategic plan to cultivate, solicit, and steward foundations on behalf of the University. The position supports University Development & Alumni Relations efforts through the coordination and preparation of grant proposals and reports for foundations. The Director assists the Senior Director of Foundation Relations in meeting university-wide resource development objectives.
• Identify, qualify and solicit private and corporate foundations to make major investments in support of UM by matching the University's strategic initiatives and fundraising priorities with prospective funders' interests.
• Develop and manage a portfolio of foundation prospects, including holding individual meetings with foundation representatives; developing written solicitation strategies and proposals in conjunction with faculty; purposefully guiding foundations to make major investments in UM; and developing relationships to maximize their giving potential over time.
• Meet yearly fund-raising goals, including dollars generated in new gift commitments, number of solicitation calls and proposals submitted, and other measurable objectives.
• Work closely with the Executive Director of Corporate and Foundation Relations, the Senior Director of Foundation Relations, and the Senior Director of Research to expand and refine foundation prospect lists for UM projects and programs.
• Establish and maintain excellent, collaborative relationships with deans, department chairs, center and institute directors, key faculty members, and development officers to foster their involvement in identifying, cultivating, soliciting, and stewarding foundation prospects.
• Coordinate, prepare and/or approve UM's written proposal materials and presentations to foundations.
• Ensure appropriate stewardship reports are prepared for major foundation donors.
• Contribute to the development and maintenance of an up to date grants calendar and database of funding opportunities.
• Provide timely, written reports regarding the outcome of foundation cultivation and solicitation activities.
Candidates must have a Bachelor's degree with a minimum of two to five years of progressively more responsible fund raising experience, with excellent knowledge of private and corporate foundations involved in education. Equivalent combination of educations/experience may be considered. A demonstrated track record of securing grant funding is essential along with an understanding of the foundation world. Outstanding written and verbal communication skills are required. Strong interpersonal skills, exceptional work ethic, planning and organizational skills, including ability to manage complex responsibilities needed. Also must be a strong team player with a track record of working well with management, peers, and donors. Must be a self-starter, creative and energetic; a person of impeccable integrity who is willing to travel.
Valid Through: 2019-10-4