Primary Fundraising Responsibilities:
- Manage annual campaign raising an aggregate of over $1.7M; recruit solicitors, assign solicitations and provide solicitation training; track campaign gifts and provide ongoing updates to solicitors; organize special donor events;
- Market planned giving materials to local members and coordinate follow up with national AJC planned giving office; identify and enroll planned giving prospects;
- Manage the cultivation and solicitation of major gifts, including related events and all aspects of donor management and cultivation;
- Manage development related events, including event strategy, design and mailing of invitations, coordination of event logistics, management of vendor relations, organize and lead solicitation process, and other necessary activities;
- Establish a donor recognition program;
- Work closely with AJC Boston’s lay leaders, and as the primary staff person for the Advancement Committee;
- Manage AJC’s nominations and leadership cultivation efforts;
- Oversee management of gift entry and donor information into national and local database;
- Coordinate with communications staff to ensure effective marketing to donor community;
- Coordinate with program staff to ensure donors are engaged and aware of AJC’s impact;
- Work collaboratively with AJC’s National Development Department.
- Assist in the planning and execution of general AJC programs and activities;
- Perform other tasks as needed to support overall office effectiveness;
- Participate in the development of annual strategic plan.
The ideal candidate will have extensive knowledge of, and a strong commitment to, Jewish issues and the objectives of AJC and have strong ties to the Boston philanthropic community. The best candidate will be an experienced, goal-oriented development professional with planning and management skills and a proven track record of fundraising success with significant experience in donor cultivation, major gift solicitation and stewardship.
- Bachelor’s degree required;
- 8-plus years fundraising experience that includes major donor solicitation and management, staff supervision, and organization of complex campaigns
- Flexible, creative and strategic thinker able to develop new ways to engage potential and existing donors and to create new giving opportunities and programs;
- Passion for AJC’s mission (including the safeguarding of Israel and the fight against terrorism and global antisemitism);
- Experienced in developing board members and increasing their level of participation in the fundraising process;
- Pride and professionalism in work accomplishments;
- Strong organizational, project-management and time management skills, ability to manage data and develop, implement and oversee a budget;
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills;
- Ability to creatively and practically solve problems, to multi-task and work on many projects simultaneously;
- Ability to work effectively under pressure, make tough decisions and follow through on agreed upon initiatives;
- A self-starter, willing to take initiative, with an entrepreneurial mindset, who can work independently or collaboratively with professional and lay leadership;
- Availability for early morning, evening and weekend meetings;
- Proficiency in Raiser's Edge (or is a proven quick learner) and Microsoft Office, particularly Excel.