Every day at Perspecta, we enable hundreds of thousands of people to take on our nation’s most important work. We are a company founded on a diverse set of capabilities and skills, bound together by a single promise: we never stop solving our nation’s most complex challenges. Our team of engineers, analysts, developers, investigators, integrators and architects work tirelessly to create innovative solutions. We continually push ourselves—to respond, to adapt, to go further.
To look ahead to the changing landscape and develop new and innovative ways to serve our customers.Perspecta works with U.S. government customers in defense, intelligence, civilian, health care, and state and local markets. Our high-caliber employees are rewarded in many ways—not only through competitive salaries and benefits packages, but the opportunity to create a meaningful impact in jobs and on projects that matter. Perspecta’s talented and robust workforce—14,000 strong—stands ready to welcome you to the team. Let us make an impact together.
Developer, Web SoftwarePerspecta has an immediate need in our US Public Sector group for a Developer, Web Software – in Wilkes-Barre, PA; San Mateo, CA; St. Louis, MO; or Raleigh, NC.
- Under general direction, develops Web based applications, including online customer service to enable agency components to deliver their services online.
- Develop the site concept, interface design and architecture of the web site.
- Provide support for the implementation of interfaces to Web-based applications. Perform all functional duties independently.
- Work on high-visibility programs or mission critical aspects of assigned program(s).
- Oversee the efforts of direct reporting resources and/or is responsible for the efforts of all staff assigned to a specific job.
Required:Adegree from an accredited College/University in Software Engineering, Computer Science or related discipline ispreferred.
- A minimum of ten (10) years’ experience in software development, with at least 7 years’ experience in Web-based design/development.
- Ability to perform all functional duties independently on high-visibility programs or mission critical aspects of a given program.
- Oversee the efforts of direct reporting resources and/or be responsible for the efforts of all staff assigned to a specific job.
- Experience in training/mentoring less experienced personnel.
- Extensive knowledge of and experience with design, development, implementation and maintenance of complex Web-based software systems.
- Extensive experiencecollaborating with end users to define new Web-based software system requirements;
- Considerable experience authoring or contributing to software-related documentation such as requirements specifications, design documents, technical manuals, and user manuals.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to travel to support business efforts, required
- Candidate cannot have more than 6 monthstravel outside the United States within the last five years, military service excepted. (Exception does not include military family members.)