Overview and Summary
Urban Science is a business-solutions company focused on supporting the needs of the sales and marketing function of the automotive industry. We leverage a scientific methodology to help our client partners sell more vehicles, improve profitability and increase customer loyalty. And we do that by helping solve their toughest challenges including planning an optimal dealership network, improving individual dealer performance and efficiently converting sales leads into sales. In short, we guide business through science and we have been doing this since 1977.
With limited guidance, the Developer will design and develop features within new and existing software applications and provides technical assistance in support of the application.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Program and implement new functionality for the Urban Science software applications (including design, coding, participation in code reviews, unit testing, and configuration/release management).
Program and implement new features in support of new releases of existing software applications.
Participate in the development of design specifications with other members of the software development teams.
Determine best approach to implement the design of new features in existing software applications.
May conduct code reviews.
- Adhere to, support, and continuously improve processes.
- Write necessary technical documentation in support of new features within the application software.
- Test new application features, including identification of possible user actions and potential problems with current design/functionality.
- Utilize tracking system to identify bugs/defects/problems with existing software applications and applies approved methodologies for correction.
- Provide technical support to internal clients currently utilizing software applications, including assisting with system set up and local application customization/development.
- Assist with training as needed, including developing training materials and delivering training to staff.
- Work with requirements gathered from Business Analysts and load into Team Foundation Server (TFS).
Qualifications - Education and Experience
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND COMPETENCIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, abilities, and competencies required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to learn and use Urban Sciences Software Development Life Cycle.
- Familiarity with tools such as Visual Studio.NET, SQL Server, Nunit, TFS.
- Ability to perform basic Object Oriented programming.
- Knowledge of relational database implementation.
- Ability to program in C# or Java.
- Solid knowledge of HTML and XML.
- Able to break down requirements into smaller tasks for more accurate estimations using given requirements and existing conceptual design.
- Ability to independently review requirements and write design documents.
- Ability to write test cases and specifications, execute some performance testing, ability to automate tests.
- Requires ability to:
- Understand a situation by breaking it apart into smaller pieces, and/or tracing the implications of a situation in a step-by-step causal way.
- Analyze requirements to determine how applications function in order to build effective designs and tests.
- Learn and follow Urban Sciences Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Create and maintain strong working relationships with colleagues and/or customers. Work cooperatively with others and be part of a team.
- Develop business awareness and understanding of the business requirements of IT.
- Behave in a trustworthy and transparent manner.
- Monitor and check work deliverables ensuring high quality, accuracy and having a strong attention to detail.
- Compose and verbally deliver information of varying levels. Communicate ideas, facts and data in writing.
- Prioritize competing demands, manage multiple concurrent tasks and adapt to changing priorities.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Must have Baccalaureate degree in an appropriate IT field such as Computer Science or Computer Engineering from an accredited U.S. college or university, equivalent foreign institution, or equivalent experience.
- Must have minimum of three years relevant work experience.
- Experience with basic software development and testing methodologies (performance/load testing, scaffolding development, interactive development, configuration management).
- Experience with databases, programming languages, and product development processes.
- SQL and MS .NET Certifications preferred.