The successful candidate will:
• Work with the external game development partners of AMD to enable them to produce their applications as efficiently as possible.
• Optimize game and application performance for discrete GPUs, APUs and CPUs.
• Design and implement rendering effects using established APIs such as Vulkan and/or DirectX 12
• Integrate features into game titles
The ideal candidate is a highly-skilled software designer and engineer, strong in 3D math, fluent in C and C++ and the efficient use of discrete GPUs, APUs, and CPUs. You're team-driven and motivated to do things others might find too difficult.
• At least 3 years of full-time (post grad) experience efficiently creating C/C++ game code for Windows and knows all about data structures, design patterns, language features, standard libraries and writing easy-to-understand code.
• Has practical hands-on experience with Vulkan and DirectX-class development tools and techniques.
• Has strong graphics code optimization skills, in particular shader code optimizations.
• Understands that requirements are rarely perfect and is willing to extract the spirit of the requirement to make the system or software better.
• Has a degree in computer science or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent.
• Has excellent written and verbal skills.
• Is willing to travel domestically and internationally on a regular basis.
The following experiences are optional but highly desired:
• GCN graphics architecture experience.
• Experience with DirectX 12 or Vulkan graphics APIs.
• Familiarity with Virtual Reality concepts and programming
Requisition Number: 65228