This role is in the Smiths Group shared IT services organization Business Information Services (BIS).
- The DeveloperSupport Specialist is responsible for making sure the development teams within the Digital Forge have the infrastructure, software and technical support they need to deliver new technologies for Smiths’ customers.
- The position will provide developersupport and work directly with our global Help Desk where necessary to ensure support incidents are resolved within standard SLAs
- As a DeveloperSupport Specialist, you will have a key role in ensuring that Smiths Group’s customer care philosophy is adhered to at all times and for driving efficiency, effectiveness and customer satisfaction to all employees, contractors, and customers within the Digital Forge.
- The function is responsible for the installation/configuration, troubleshooting and support of infrastructure and software as assigned, on premise or in the public cloud.
- The DeveloperSupport Specialist will engage with multiple stakeholders to establish BIS as a provider of digital services to the business, assist with technical problems and recommend solutions or changes to ensure successful implementation and achievement of business value
- Provide technical guidance for new solution capabilities via assigned projects
- Ensure consistency and adherence to roadmaps, blueprints, standards, and best practices across the enterprise. Provides assurances that all proposed solutions are compliant with the organizations' standards for maintainability, reliability, security, regulatory and performance requirements
- Monitor, maintain, and troubleshoot all hardware/software as assigned/requested within enterprise technology standards.
- Document installation, changes, and maintenance for all applications used in the Digital Forge including components such as user interface, middleware, and infrastructure
- The DeveloperSupport Specialist will drive our infrastructure into a cloud based future (
- Collaborate with business and IT stakeholders to ensure that the Digital Forge and BIS are aligned with business requirements. Mentors BIS teams on effective use and implementation of digital services and frameworks
- Influences and assist with new systems and technology development to ensure it is consistent and well integrated with existing systems
- Operates across organizational and technical functions to drive common solutions across the enterprise
- Ability to collaborate well with remote teams without the need for frequent travel.
- Hands on with container technologies and Infrastructure-as-code approaches to configuration management and systems build. Proven experience in working with or managing a devops team for software development, deployment, zero-day patching etc. Experience of Software delivery lifecycle, CI/CD tools and AWS/Azure is a plus.
- Sound networking skills and the ability to build and maintain a small protected network independently
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, influencing and communications skills and experience interacting with engineers and senior stakeholders
- Working knowledge of social, mobile, information and cloud industry trends and capabilities, & general web technology knowledge/experience is expected.
- Bachelor's Degreepreferred or at least 3years of IT/Technologyexperience having supported and implemented modernIT solutions.
Experience in one or more of the following also beneficial: content management tools, web search appliances, web security, mobile application development, web services standards and industry frameworks.