Poynt was founded on the belief that all merchants should have access to innovative technology without compromising on security or user experience. We set out to fix broken commerce infrastructure by bringing developers, distributors and merchants together on an open platform running on top of a smart, all-in-one device. The company has raised over $28 million dollars in venture funding from prominent firms like Google Ventures.
Poynt is building the payment terminal and commerce platform of the future. Some of the largest merchants, developers, banks, and resellers in the world are key partners on this platform, and we aim to provide an incredible level of insight and control to each of these parties over their highly unique use cases and concerns.
Our real-time data pipeline ingests, normalizes, and aggregates billions of events from our apps and Smart Terminal, and deliver instant insights and trigger alerts on web/mobile apps for each of our customer types. We constantly tread the line between performance and scalability, using many different backend tools and optimizations to produce the most useful yet fastest interfaces and alert
With our founder and CEO Osama Bedier — former head of Google Wallet and long-time PayPal senior executive — we strive to create tools that will help merchants thrive in today’s evolving and connected commerce world.Though we are quickly growing, one thing remains constant: we are a family. We approach challenges and opportunities head on, all the while growing and evolving as individuals and a company. Our culture has allowed us to recruit the best talent from prominent tech companies like Google, PayPal, Visa, Square and others.
About the Role
As a Developer Support Engineer you will be helping other developers integrate and build apps on the Poynt platform which spans across mobile devices (both Android and iOS), payment terminals and the cloud.
You will communicate with externaldevelopers through email, ticketing system and discussion boards to help solve problems, help build awesome apps that will give merchantstechnologysuperpowers at their point of sale, and debug code of all kinds. You’ll also work closely with the rest of the engineering teams to identify and fix product bugs and improve Poynt APIs to enable easy and seamless integration for our partners.
On a typical day you will:
- Work with developers and other Poynters to solve problems and debug code and build tools to streamline this process
- Maintain and build developer SDKs in different languages
- Improve and enhance our cloud APIs to enable new experiences and use cases on our platform
- Develop tools, processes, and documentation that will help scale our operations
- Love coding and read Hacker News
- Have solid understanding of RESTful APIs, HTTP protocol and other web technologies
- Are proficient with Java and Android
- Are patient, attentive to details, and an effective communicator
- Have prior experience as a software engineer or significant experience building web or mobile apps
- You’re able to work with a high degree of autonomy and limited supervision