In this position you will:
The Lightbend Support Team ensures that our customers are successful. Activities for this role include:
- Manage day-to-day interactions with our customers with clear and honest expectation setting, along with a friendly and collaborative disposition, with the end goal of complete satisfaction of each customer.
- Continually expanding the depth and breadth of expertise across the entire Lightbend platform.
- Assist in developing internal tools and plugins that make it easier for the support team and engineering to improve customer experience.
- Proactively monitor customer issues until they are fully resolved, keeping the customer informed along the way.
- Address support requests that are escalated to our team from other teams within the company.
- Escalate issues that require more in-depth knowledge in a timely manner to engineering.
- Demonstrate the ability to actively listen to customers and show empathy to the customer’s business impact when they experience issues with our products.
- Investigate product related issues both for individual customers and for common trends that may arise.
- Participate in rotational weekend on-call roster for critical support needs.
- Guide customers on the best practices of upgrades, patches, and maintenance.
- Engage with operations and product teams to build, drive and improve our tools and processes. Take an active role in the definition and evolution of standard practices and procedures.
The ideal candidate will be both technical and customer oriented with the following qualifications and experience:
- A positive attitude towards feedback and continual improvement
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- BS degree in Computer Science or related degree
- Experience with Scala
- Strong familiarity with Akka middleware, Play web framework and database architecture, including Slick
- Fundamentals in algorithms, functional programming, software design and data science and a degree of proficiency with big data technologies (e.g. Spark, Cassandra, Storm, Hadoop) is a plus
- Excellent communication skills in English (verbal and written).
- Adept at learning and applying new technologies.
- Familiarity with the following is a plus:
- other components centered around the Lightbend platform (Kafka, Flink, Mesos)
- other application development technologies (e.g. Spring, Grails, Maven, JUnit, etc.)
- other development technologies (e.g. Ruby)