Under general supervision, the Software Developer will show great promise and passion for his/her career. He/she will assist their team in all phases of the development process including design, integration and maintenance while observing proper behaviors, patterns, and standards. The Software Developer ensures that Stifel’s coding practices are used in all development projects and procedures and is willing to learn and grow with Stifel; as well as, take guidance from more senior team members.
- Assists the Development team in various phases of development, including design, implementation, integration, revision control, release and the maintenance of multiple products and systems.
- Follows Stifel’s coding and development standards (Microsoft base).
- Assists in the development of unit testing procedures that can be utilized within continuous integration practices.
- Documents clearly and effectively within code as well as outside of code.
- Coordinate with other team members when tackling harder developmental efforts.
- Continue to stay on top of the latest technologies and see how they can be applied to Stifel’s needs throughout the organization.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Collaborative development with the familiarity and knowledge of environment.
- Ability to deal with and balance multiple priorities.
- Passion for the integrity of database/software design and a willingness to compromise appropriately to balance design and delivery.
- Proven ability to communicate information and ideas in spoken or written form so that others will understand.
- The ability to apply your knowledge and skills to solve complex issues.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and rapid change.
- Highly self-motivated and delivery focused.
- Takes responsibility for achieving results, overcomes obstacles and adapts approach, bias for action.
- Displays awareness of the impact of actions on the business and demonstrates understanding of the context of the company and acts in line with it.
- Actively promotes a positive team spirit, builds networks to enhance effectiveness and share knowledge.
Minimum Required: BS or BA in Computer Science or related field
Minimum Required: 3 – 5 plus years of post BS progressive experience in C#/.NET, or relevant Java/C++/etc.,