On our Product Development Teams, you will:
- Work in an Agile/Scrum environment through all phases of the software development life cycle, including requirements gathering, product/technical research, design and analysis, implementation, feedback and refactoring, quality assurance and ongoing support.
- Apply your technical skills, creativity and problem solving skills to develop new features and application to grow our catalog of solution offerings and to leverage emerging technologies.
- Work on applications and projects that are strategically important and impactful to the user community we serve.
- Have ample opportunities to extend your technical and application development skill sets to grow your career with a company that values and promotes employee development
We are interested in developers of various experience and skill levels. All applicants should have:
- A demonstrable understanding of object-oriented programming
- Experience with or exposure to various technologies, such as full stack web development, cloud development, mobile development, Microsoft stack & .Net/C#
- Strong communication skills, a positive attitude and a solid work ethic
- An interest in building solutions that will connect communities and empower the people who serve the public.
An entry-level Software Developer will ideally have:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer engineering, or related field
- 0-2 years experience in software development.
- Recent Computer Science Graduates welcome.
A mid-level Software Engineer will ideally have:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in computer science, computer engineering, or related field
- 2-5 years experience in software development with knowledge of 1 or more technology stacks.
- Demonstrate proficient knowledge of software development practices, computer science theory, and understanding of relevant technologies.
A Senior Software Engineer will ideally have:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in computer science, computer engineering, or related field.
- 5+ years experience in software development, with specialization in 1 or more technology stacks.
- Ability to teach and mentor less experienced colleagues.
- Ability to work from one of Tyler's 24+ office locations is ideal, but we will consider fully remote employment for experienced engineers.
Some benefits of working for Tyler Technologies:
- Tyler is stable, growing, market leading technology company, focused on a market that improves society by connecting communities and empowering the public sector. Be part of something that matters.
- Supportive, open-minded leaders who will help you put your talents to work to grow your career with like minded co-workers committed to your success
- Competitive salaries, 15% discounted stock purchase plan, 401K retirement and tuition reimbursement programs, 3 weeks of vacation to start.
- Open and collaborative work space, casual dress code, game rooms, flexible work hours
- On premise fitness center, free Starbucks coffee and soda, and a café that serves breakfast and lunch
- Monthly social events and other company sponsored outings, promoting a positive work/life balance