The Software Developer/Engineer is responsible for collaborating with teammates to design, develop, quality assure, document and support application solutions of various sizes and complexity, to meet the needs of an evolving and sophisticated multi-national user community.
Work with our innovative software solutions that help local government and school districts centralize data and connect their organizations. By working to develop and support our financial management solutions, you can help integrate our solutions with human resources, revenue management, tax billing, and asset management.
On our Product Development Teams, you will:
- Work in an Agile/Scrum environment through all phases of the software development life cycle, including requirements gathering, product/technical research, design and analysis, implementation, feedback and refactoring, quality assurance and ongoing support.
- Apply your technical skills, creativity and problem solving skills to develop new features and application to grow our catalog of solution offerings and to leverage emerging technologies.
- Work on applications and projects that are strategically important and impactful to the user community we serve.
- Have ample opportunities to extend your technical and application development skill sets to grow your career with a company that values and promotes employee development
We are interested in developers of various experience and skill levels. All applicants should have:
- A demonstrable understanding of object-oriented programming
- Experience with or exposure to various technologies, such as full stack web development, cloud development, mobile development, Microsoft stack & .Net/C#
- Strong communication skills, a positive attitude and a solid work ethic
- An interest in building solutions that will connect communities and empower the people who serve the public.
An entry-level Software Developer will ideally have:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer engineering, or related field
- 0-2 years experience in software development.
- Recent Computer Science Graduates welcome.
A mid-level Software Engineer will ideally have:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in computer science, computer engineering, or related field
- 2-5 years experience in software development with knowledge of 1 or more technology stacks.
- Demonstrate proficient knowledge of software development practices, computer science theory, and understanding of relevant technologies.
A Senior Software Engineer will ideally have:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in computer science, computer engineering, or related field.
- 5+ years experience in software development, with specialization in 1 or more technology stacks.
- Ability to teach and mentor less experienced colleagues.
- Ability to work from one of Tyler's 24+ office locations is ideal, but we will consider fully remote employment for experienced engineers.
Some benefits of working for Tyler Technologies:
- Tyler is stable, growing, market leading technology company, focused on a market that improves society by connecting communities and empowering the public sector. Be part of something that matters.
- Supportive, open-minded leaders who will help you put your talents to work to grow your career with like minded co-workers committed to your success
- Competitive salaries, 15% discounted stock purchase plan, 401K retirement and tuition reimbursement programs, 3 weeks of vacation to start.
- Open and collaborative work space, casual dress code, game rooms, flexible work hours
- On premise fitness center, free Starbucks coffee and soda, and a café that serves breakfast and lunch
- Monthly social events and other company sponsored outings, promoting a positive work/life balance.