DescriptionDesigns and developsinternal and external business systems/applications, systems interfaces,databases,reporting, or business intelligence systems, asrequired to deliver new systems functionality supporting corporate business objectives. TheDeveloper leads moderately complex projects, often mentoring and providing guidance to team members at an AssocDeveloper level, and will work under the guidance of a SrDeveloper on complex projects.STUFF WE'LLTRUSTYOU WITH
Enterprise Core CompetenciesRequires competency in customer focus, change & innovation, strategic thinking, relationship building & influencing, talent management, results focus and inspirational leadership.
- Translate business, and functional requirements into documented technical specifications.
- Utilize development skills to build (code) and unit test new systems functionality per technical specifications, with deliverables to include code builds and documented unit test results.
- Develop application support documentation as required by the application support teams for acceptance of systems changes into production.
- Build and unit test production deployment packages and implementation plans for scheduled systems enhancements.
- Facilitate/lead reviews (walkthroughs) of technical specifications and program code with other members of the technical team, communicating design, requirements, feature set, functionality and limitations of systems/applications to team and development lead.
- Utilize departmental Systems Development Lifecycle Methodology as a guide for development activities.
- Provide on call and after hours support as required for production releases and to respond and provide Tier 4 support on production outages.
- Contribute to and work to meet project schedules by providing accurate estimates of effort required for development deliverables, by providing updates on project progress to development and project management, and by escalating issues that might affect project success to management.
- Maintain technical skills and expertise through continuing education and training.
- Collaborate/Partner with other teams including Enterprise Testing, Release Planning and Management, Business Systems Analysis, Project Management, and Application Support on successful delivery of systems enhancements.
STUFFYOU TELLPEOPLEAT PARTIES
- Strong ability with Ruby and Ruby on Rails
- Experience with relational databases, schema design, and complex data
- Rigor in automated deployment and engineering best practices
- Experience developing applications in a microservices environment
- Deep understanding of cloud architecture and application deployment
- Ability to collaborate with stakeholders and users in order to understand pain-points and effectively communicate solutions
- Partner and communicate effectively with cross functional teams across the organization
- Take full ownership of a product or feature from concept to launch
- Successful track record of delivering quality results in fast-paced, complex cross-functional projects