Location: Rio West A Bldg (PHX-RWA1)
Additional Locations: Dallas/Ft Worth, TX; None
Requisition ID: 21581
Join us for a career with endless possibilities.
Looking for a job where a passion for innovation, a culture of teamwork, and opportunities for growth are valued and rewarded? You’ve come to the right place.
You don’t have to be an airline aficionado to join American Airlines. It takes more than cool planes to keep us ahead of the curve, and thanks to our team of behind the scenes professionals, we do just that. As the largest airline in the world, American Airlines is in the business of serving the global travel needs of our customers. At the core of the Company is our commitment to each customer and each employee. We are dedicated to developing and delivering what our customers value and are willing to pay for. Customer-centric planning, innovative marketing, and an exceptional customer experience are supported by a cadre of talented people.
What does it take to join us? We’re glad you asked! We expect exceptional skills in your discipline and a dedication to being the best as we relentlessly pursue our goal of being not just the largest airline in the world, but also the best airline in the world.
Fortunately, we’re building on almost a century of innovation and firsts in our industry – and we plan to continue that tradition of excellence.
About The Job
The successful candidate will join a team responsible for developing the next generation Gate Management product suite. The Gate Management product suite is used by American Airline’s Airport Agents to manage flight operations and passenger needs at the time of departure.
Specifically, you’ll do the following:
- Participates in all phases of the software development lifecycle using best practices in object-oriented techniques and Agile software development methodologies
- Participates in sprint planning, backlog grooming, retrospectives and sprint demos
- Evaluates requirements and enhancement requests and proposes solutions to Gate Management product suite with careful consideration to cost, impact and compatibility with other systems
- Formulates and executes implementation plan for delivery of requested functionality
- Analyzes, reviews, creates and alters existing software, automated tests and software artifacts to implement new requirements
- Actively participates in software design and peer code reviews
- Monitors performance and provides support of application after implementation
- Provides training on how to use new or enhanced applications
- Provides technical assistance and partners with end users to solve operating problems
- Investigates and resolves problems with software products and systems
- Oversees installation of hardware and software
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems (CIS/MIS), Engineering or related technical discipline, or equivalent experience/training
- 2 years of application development experience including design, development and implementation
- 2years of .NET C#experiencein an Enterprise environment
- Or 2 Years JAVA experience
- Experience with at least one of the following source control tools: TFS, CVS, SVN, Git
- Experience with at least one of the following build tools: MS Build, Ant, Maven, Gradle
- Experience with at least one of the following object-relational mapping (ORM) frameworks: Entity Framework, Spring ORM, Hibernate
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems (CIS/MIS), Engineering or related technical discipline, or equivalent experience/training
- 5+ years of application development experience including design, development and implementation
- 4years of .NET C#experiencein an Enterprise environment
- Or 4 Years JAVA experience in an Enterprise environment
- Strong working knowledge of ASP.NET/ASP.NET Core, Message Queue, .NET Framework/.NET Standard, Angular/React/Vue, Docker/Kubernetes/Pivotal Cloud Foundry (PCF), Git, MS Build, Maven, Gradle, CloudBees, Docker, VMWare, Dynatrace, Slack
- Software design patterns, Test Driven Development (TDD), Twelve-Factor App methodology
- Web services including both SOAP and REST
- In-memory computing and caching solutions (e.g., GigaSpaces XAP)
- Airline industry experience
Preferred Qualifications (Continued)
- Ability to influence through outstanding interpersonal skills, collaboration, customer service and negotiation skills
- Ability to work well within a team environment, as well as independently
- Ability to work effectively with developers, testers, technical architects, project managers, business analysts and business unit partners
- Ability to explain technical concepts and adjust messaging based on the audience, including non-technical groups
Preferred Qualifications (Continued)
- Ability to influence through outstan