$80K — $100K *
Simon & Schuster, a division of ViacomCBS, is a global leader in the field of general interest publishing, dedicated to providing the best in fiction and nonfiction for consumers of all ages, across all printed, electronic, and audio formats. Its divisions include Simon & Schuster Adult Publishing, Simon & Schuster Children’s Publishing, Simon & Schuster Audio, Simon & Schuster Digital, and international companies in Australia, Canada, India and the United Kingdom.
Scrum/XP/Agile team in midtown Manhattan is looking for an experienced Rubyist or experienced Java/C#/Python developer interested in learning Ruby. We are an established, four developer Scrum/XP team. Our team contains experienced Rails developers who program, extensively test and deploy predictably on a weekly iteration cycle. We emphasize work/life balance, sustainable pace and collaborative feature development in a collegial environment.
Work entails creating and maintaining Ruby on Rails websites and other consumer digital products for Simon & Schuster, a leading English Language trade publisher. Position reports directly to VP Technology for Simon & Schuster Digital. Simon & Schuster is a women-run organization, an equal opportunity employer and a part of ViacomCBS Corporation.
Join a good team. Get a full-time job with benefits. Help us figure out the future of trade publishing. Gain access to Simon & Schuster’s thousands of books through our employee physical and ebook programs.
● 3-5 years professional experience working with Ruby on Rails or equivalent experience in object oriented languages such as Java, Python, C# or PHP and demonstrated willingness to learn Ruby.
● Interpersonal skills to collaborate closely with cross-functional team and to communicate with executive sponsors.
● Experience with Agile Extreme Programming (XP) development and Scrum lifecycle practices, or a strong desire to learn including: agile product teams, test driven development, continuous integration, iterative delivery and retrospection.
● Ability to work on-site in Midtown Manhattan.
● Familiarity with concepts of MVC, Mocking, ORM, and RESTful.
● Experience implementing responsive designs using an existing frameworks or pure CSS.
● Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git.
● A knack for writing clean, readable and maintainable Ruby code.
● Experience with libraries such as Redis, Rspec, Mocha, Capybara.
● Experience with optimizing MySQL databases; NoSQL and/or PostgreSQL a plus.
● Experience with Resque or other background job frameworks.
● Familiarity with ONIX for Books to communicate book information in electronic form.
● Experience with data design and/or modeling.
● Ability to integrate multiple data sources and databases into one system.
● Ability to implement automated testing platforms and unit tests.
● Familiarity with pair programming.
FUNCTION: Software Engineering
Valid through: 3/16/2021
$200K — $250K
15 days ago