The Hartford is seeking a Developer to join the Enterprise Risk Management IT team supporting our Financial, Insurance & Operational Risk Management (ERM) business partners. The ERM business organization provides a comprehensive view of risks facing the Company; assists Executive Leaders by defining the company's overall capacity and appetite for Risk; sets specific risk tolerances and limits; communicates and monitors the firm's risk exposures ; and delivers valuable insights to support efforts in growing the businesses and achieving optimal risk-adjusted returns within established guidelines.
If you're a technical developer or recent college graduate with computer science degree and looking to to develop solutions leveraging advanced technologies as well as able to work collaboratively with senior staff to drive system delivery efforts, this position is for you.
This technical position requires 1-2+ years' experience in IT combined with application design & development skills and strong communication skills with varied audiences. This position will be responsible working with others to develop solutions thereby ensuring critical business objectives are achieved in a timely, cost efficient and quality focused manner.
- 1-2+ years experience in systems analysis and application program development, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Broad knowledge of the client area's functions and systems, and application program development technological alternatives.
- Experience with state of the art application development support software packages, proficiency in at least two higher level programming languages, some management capabilities, strong judgment and communication skills, and the ability to work effectively with client and IT management and staff.
- GIS development experience or background strongly preferred
- Property & Causality industry background preferred.
- Demonstrated skills in one or more of the following DBMS/ETL vendor technologies including SQL Server/T-SQL, Oracle/PL/SQL, SSIS, Talend & Markit EDM as well as general purpose programming languages such as Python.
- Some experience or understanding in developing Web services or API-based
integrations with understanding of JAX-RS, JSON, REST Architecture and HTTP standards.
- Some experience or understanding with DevOps practices including but not limited to continuous integration (CI) and continuous deployment (CD) concepts and tools; familiarity with automated testing and code analysis tools.
- The incumbent must have strong written and verbal communication, presentation, and technical writing skills with ability to effectively communicate solution recommendations and influence key stakeholders.
- Be a self-motivated individual with strong analytical and research skills; Have the ability to handle multiple high priority demands; and have the ability to be detail oriented, yet still be able to have clarity on the overall picture.
- Possesses functional knowledge and skills reflective of a competent practitioner with the ability to deliver on work of high technical complexity.
- Works with client management to identify and specify extremely complex business requirements and processes for diverse development platforms, computing environments (e.g., host based, distributed systems, client server), software, hardware, technologies and tools, etc.
- Researches and evaluates alternative solutions and recommends the most efficient and cost effective solution for the systems design.
- Formulates logical statements of business problems and devises, tests and implements efficient, cost effective application program solutions (e.g., codes and/or reuses existing code through the use of program development software alternatives and/or integrates purchased solutions).
- Prepares charts, tables and diagrams to assist in analyzing problems, utilizing various business, scientific, engineering and mathematical techniques.
- Analyzes existing system and programming logic to provide more efficient machine operations or to identify difficulties, and revises the logic and procedures involved as necessary.
Equal Opportunity Employer/ Females/ Minorities/ Veterans/ Disability/ Sexual Orientation/ Gender Identity or Expression/ Religion/ Age