About the Team
Kickstarter’s nascent public, GraphQL-based API will enable developers and third-party partners to connect directly with our community. Working alongside the product organization at large, our small and mighty API team is defining the essential elements of our platform to unlock developers’ imaginations. As we grow closer to public launch, we’re having a dialogue with many of the third-party partners in our ecosystem about how our API product can improve the experiences of creators and backers. We work in close partnership with designers and product managers in an iterative and data-driven process, building and refining our platform to support our mission of bringing creative projects to life.
In This Role, You Will:
- Define goals, priorities, and roadmaps for Kickstarter’s public API.
- Write, ship, and support our API implementation, documentation, and developer portal, with an in-depth understanding of best practices in API ecosystems.
- Advocate and promote Kickstarter by developing both in-person and online programs demonstrating platform integrations.
- Identify and engage strategic third-party partners and developers in Kickstarter’s ecosystem.
- Collaborate with our community outreach team to work with Kickstarter and Drip creators to ensure their needs are represented in our API and platform ecosystem.
- You have 4+ years of software development experience, and are adept at ideating and building an application end-to-end.
- You have demonstrated experience balancing your time between advocacy and implementation.
- You are a savvy communicator, both as a public speaker and as a technical writer, and are confident and comfortable presenting to a wide variety of audiences.
- You have a presence where developer communities congregate, and have a finger on the pulse of current trends in software development.
- You continuously demonstrate empathy with non-technical audiences.
- You are excited about traveling regularly, primarily in the U.S., to meet with Kickstarter partners and to speak at industry events.