Developer Relations Engineer
Unity's Developer Relations team is looking for very strong Unity developers who love solving hard problems, communicating with large teams, and enjoy a bit of travel.
Our team operates at the very front line of the company. We ensure the success of Unity productions all over the world by making friends and influencing people, learning new skills everyday, and solving the problems that everyone else gave up on as impossible a long time ago.
Our customers create everything from small mobile projects to AAA console games and immersive multi-user VR experiences; they need code optimized, bugs fixed, and a whole lot of advice on using Asset Bundles properly. After unblocking developers, we share that knowledge with our development teams and the rest of the world.
This position is in Unity's Bellevue office and reports to the Enterprise Support Manager (remote work is not being considered). Travel will be up to 25% of the time.
- Capably and quickly solve production and live operations problems in Unity projects developed for mobile, console, desktop, and embedded platforms
- Drive your collaboration with customers and coworkers through a variety of communication channels to get the job done
- Travel to customer offices to deliver Project Reviews, comprehensive two-day architectural and best-practice investigations into customer productions
- Proactively maintain excellent relations between the technical support team and other Unity teams
- Diplomatically collaborate with a wide variety of customer personalities
- Author, enhance, and expand the Unity developer education materials, and help us grow our position as thought leaders in the industry
- At least 7 years of relevant professional work experience
- At least 2 years of experience with Unity in a production environment
- Very strong C# and C++ skills
- Experience implementing and debugging multithreaded code and working in the Data-Oriented Design development paradigm
- Experience developing, debugging, and optimizing Windows, Mac, Android, or iOS applications
- Fluent English-speaker
- Strong social and communication skills
- Able to travel both domestically and internationally
- Experience with the Unity source code
- Expertise with 3D math and shader programming
- Previous experience working with different video game middleware products
- Console platform experience