The Jr/Intermediate Pipeline Artist will work with the team in the development and support of the studio’s global pipeline. The role also includes monitoring/wrangling the global renderfarm.
- Work with Pipeline Lead to ensure that implementations are consistent with overall Software department strategy.
- Work with production staff monitoring/balance the global render resources.
- Maintain core pipeline systems
- Design, develop, and support tools and processes which extend and enhance the pipeline
- Interface with pipeline staff in order to solve production issues
- Write clear documentations for tools/scripts including video tutorials.
- High School Diploma/GED or its equivalent required.
- A Bachelors degree in computer science, math or engineering is strongly preferred
- Proficient in python 2.x/3.x
- Understanding of renderfarm management software: Deadline, Qube, etc
- Proficient with one or more software APIs: Maya, Houdini, Nuke, Shotgun, Deadline
- Basic understanding of production processes for CGI production is preferable.
- Must be able to work collaboratively with other developers, in a co-ordinated manner, on the same product.
- Experience with Visual EffectsAsset Management System design or development is a plus.
- Experience with PyQt or PySide is a plus.
- Experience developing on Windows is a bonus