The Support Developer role will be responsible for continuity of operations for a suite of web and digital software / IT applications. This includes all aspects of troubleshooting, analyzing and working with development/project teams in developing code fixes for service impacting issues.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Leverage hands-on engineering skills to maintain the solution, fixing critical issues and ensure high availability.
- Proactively identify potential application issues performance bottlenecks, platform stability issues and recommend and implement solutions.
- Participate in technical design sessions; architect and document technical solutions that are aligned with client business objectives
- Participate in development and strategic planning sessions
- Define and design the monitoring capabilities, tools, automation, and processes for proactive monitoring and stability of the platform
- Evaluate and implement new technologies to improve the infrastructure.
- Liaise with other technical teams (i.e. operations, security, development, networking, IT Management, etc.) who may be onsite, offshore or external partners, as well assist in joint projects.
- Help to set development standards and best practices
- Employ best practices for designing scalable, extensible and secure applications
- Manage assigned tasks in timely
- Create support guides as needed documenting application functionality and fixes to both common and complex issues.
- Perform and lead full root cause analysis (RCA) investigations on critical incidents
- Provide on call support for critical incidents
The Support Developer should have an understanding of the software development life cycle, development best practices, and possess the ability to implement and execute standard software architecture patterns.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or relevant field
- 3+ years of developing web applications with ASP.NET and C#
- Must have experience with ASP.NET MVC
- Demonstrated ability to solution, fixing critical issues and ensure high availability.
- Experience troubleshooting highly transitional applications (Ecommerce Preferred)
- Experience with SQL; modern source code controls systems, such as TFS & Git
- Ability to complete all phases of SDLC including analysis, design, development, testing and support
- Experience working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Strong understanding and demonstrated usage of object-oriented design concepts
- Excellent communication skills
- Proficiency in HTML, CSS, Sass, Bootstrap, Responsive Web Design
- Experience working with ticketing systems (Service Now, JIRA)
- Experience with Salesforce and Sitecore a plus
- Experience working with ITIL processes (Incident, Change, Problem, Configuration) a plus