What do successful tech companies like Amazon, Facebook, Slack and Salesforce have in common? They’re all platform companies that have opened up their software’s APIs in order to enable millions of developers to build and deploy their own innovative, value-added applications. HubSpot is seeking a hungry Developer Marketing Manager to help us on our journey to becoming a world-class platform company.
Our HubSpot Developer Marketing Manager will own and build scalable, multi-channel marketing programs to create an army of engaged third-party developers within our community. As the developer marketer, you will work closely with our developer relations team and will help lead the charge in establishing HubSpot as the undisputed platform for marketing, sales, and services tools for SMBs in the eyes of our global developer community.
- Build and execute an ongoing marketing strategy to build awareness of the HubSpot third-party developer ecosystem, enable developers to be successful, and keep them engaged and delighted.
- Craft content to demonstrate use cases and tell stories of developer success and creativity, both within and outside the HubSpot ecosystem, to inspire and engage developers to build with HubSpot.
- Manage HubSpot-owned channels to amplify and distribute this content to devs, including, but not limited to a developer-focused blog, email newsletter, and social media.
- Manage the marketing launch of developer-focused products, tools, and APIs.
- Collaborate with Developer Relations and Product on the definition of developer persona(s) and evangelize these throughout the marketing organization.
- Monitor developer marketing trends, best practices, and examples in the industry and surface insights and ideas to the rest of the platform team and the broader organization.
- Determine the right KPIs to measure the success of developer marketing activities, own reporting and surfacing insights to drive new strategies.
- Collaborate with the rest of our platform marketing team to align developer-focused marketing with the broader HubSpot platform narrative and our efforts to attract more software developers and partners.
- 3-5 years of related SaaS marketing experience, executing programs on a high-impact and scrappy team.
- A desire to build a marketing strategy for a new persona from the ground up.
- More technically-minded than the average marketer - excited to geek out on APIs, platforms, and data and has experience marketing to a technical audience about technical products.
- Deep understanding of developers as a market segment is a big bonus.
- Exceptional communication and cross-functional collaboration skills.
- An exceptional data-driven storyteller.