- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline
- Strong grasp of fundamentals in algorithms, data structures, and systems
- Exposure to full-stack development on database-backed web sites; Python proficiency preferred
- Experienced with Linux and system administration is a plus
- Self-motivated and able to learn different frameworks, languages, and technologies as needed
- Knowledge of machine learning / artificial intelligence is a plus
- Proven record of leadership in a work setting and/or through personal project portfolio
- Excellent ability to communicate complex ideas effectively – both verbally and in writing
Who You'll Work With
You will be based in one of our North America offices and will work with our Financial Services Lab Solution team.
Financial Services Lab is part of McKinsey’s New Ventures. Our work encompasses overall strategies and specific solutions for consumer banking and wholesale business; advanced analytics and client segments; organizational issues; performance improvement; and mergers and alliances. We also undertake work on client issues in marketing, risk management, branding and customer relationship management.
McKinsey helps a broad range of banking and consumer finance firms navigate a dynamically changing environment, in which regulatory constraints, consumer de-leveraging and evolving channel dynamics present significant obstacles to profitability. Our approach to supporting clients is customized and collaborative, and combines deep industry expertise and experience with proprietary quantitative analytics and research. We help banks build the capabilities they need to succeed in the long term.
New Ventures fosters innovation driven by analytics, design thinking, mobile and social by developing new products/services and integrating them into our client work. It is helping to shift our model toward asset-based consulting and is a foundation for –and expands our investment in –our entrepreneurial culture. Through innovative software as a service solutions, strategic acquisitions, and a vibrant ecosystem of alliances, we are redefining what it means to work with McKinsey.
As one of the fastest-growing parts of our firm, New Ventures has more than 1,000 dedicated professionals (including more than 800 data scientists and technologists) and we’re hiring more mathematicians, data scientists, designers, software engineers, designers, product managers, client development managers and general managers.
What You'll Do
In a client facing role, you will help develop, execute and drive our machine learning/artificial intelligence efforts.
This is a unique opportunity for you to exercise your creativity, design and computer science skills whilst transforming the financial services industry.