Support Dashboard Development for the Continuous Diagnostics and Mitigation (CDM) Program. CDM is a dynamic approach to fortifying the cybersecurity of government networks and systems. Congress established the CDM program to provide adequate, risk-based, and cost-effective cybersecurity. ECS is looking for candidates to aid in the development of dashboard solutions to visualize cyber security related data: Hardware Assets, Software, Vulnerabilities, Configuration, Users, Incidents, Compliance Scores / POA&Ms, Risk Scores, etc. This position will work as part of an agile development team performing hands on development of the solution.
Successful candidates will have experience in designing, developing, and implementing data models, index structures, storage strategies, ingesting/indexing processes, transforming/normalizing data to common standards, enriching data upon ingest and querying, and creating queries against big data. Experience with the Elastic stack and/or Splunk is strongly preferred.
- Must have a BS (STEM degree)
- Intermediate level expertise with hands on configuration, performance tuning and monitoring/optimizing of distributed data storage stacks to include data modeling and infrastructure planning, sizing, monitoring, and management. Open source tools including Kafka, Logstash, Beats, Elasticsearch, Kibana, or Splunk preferred.
- Intermediate level expertise querying data to include aggregations, calculations, and producing metrics from data.
- Intermediate level expertise with planning and executing data retention/lifecycle management plans. Example: Hot/Warm/Cold architectures.
- Novice level expertise creating data pipelines to include ETL and streaming data such as log data or tool/sensor data to indexes. Experience with Splunk forwarders, Kafka, Logstash, Beats, or ES/Splunk python libraries preferred.
- Novice level expertise with scripting languages. Python preferred.
- Novice level expertise leveraging APIs for querying and updating data.
- Experience with relational databases and SQL esp. Postgres to include data modeling, querying, and scripting.
- Familiarity designing and implementing data visualizations. Experience with Kibana, Grafana or Splunk preferred.
- Experience working on an Agile development team
- Contributor to open source projects
- Experience with code repositories, esp Git/GitHub
- Experience with ALM tools, esp Jira
- Experience with Elastic Common Schema or Splunk Common Information Model
- Experience with tools in both Linux and Windows environments
- Understand current cyber exploits, attack methodology, and detection techniques using a wide variety of security products including COTS and open source
- Cloud workload experience (Amazon Web Services, Azure)
- Understanding of machine learning, and it's use in anomaly detection
- Experience evaluating new methodologies and technologies to meet requirements and deliver capabilities
ECS is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law. ECS promotes affirmative action for minorities, women, disabled persons, and veterans.
ECS is a leading mid-sized provider of technology services to the United States Federal Government. We are focused on people, values and purpose. Every day, our 2300+ employees focus on providing their technical talent to support the Federal Agencies and Departments of the US Government to serve, protect and defend the American People.