MISSION / SUMMARY:
Reporting to the Director, Global IT Service Management, the ServiceNow Developer is a key technical member of the ServiceGPI team responsible for leading activities related to the overall system design and development. They guide the team in the ongoing system maintenance. Partnering closely with the internal technical teams, process owners, vendors, and end users, the ServiceNow Developer will research and drive innovative initiatives in the ongoing enhancement of the ServiceNow products and tools to facilitate maturing the platform. As the ServiceNow Developer, the individual will develop and document standards for teams to follow, including a broad range of performance criteria and control mechanisms to ensure compliance with all regulations, policies, and procedures. Supporting a high availability global operations environment in all GPI facilities is a critical responsibility of this role.
JOB FUNCTIONS: Job functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Translate requirements into appropriate code, workflows, reports, etc.
- Support the GPI’s ServiceNow deployment - ServiceGPI development, in staging and production environments
- Develop the ServiceGPI platform across all key modules
- Defines ServiceGPI performance standards.
- Provides detailed guidance and consultation in solutioning project tasks, request fulfillment and incidents when required.
- Collaborates with vendors on infrastructure designs to ensure the final product is what was architected or designed.
- Proactively provides information and ongoing consultation for IT and business areas as well as vendors
- Provides operational readiness through the engineering, planning, coordination, and execution of performance and tuning analysis, systems support, incident and problem resolution, software installation, and upgrades.
- Automate administrative & operational tasks
- Develop and maintain related standards, policies, and procedures
- Build knowledge, and stay apprised in emerging technologies with strategic technology vendors
- Support operational readiness through the engineering, planning, coordination, and execution of performance and tuning analysis, systems support, incident and problem resolution, software installation, and upgrades.
- Write well designed, testable, efficient code to support varied and more complex IT solutions
- Provide strong technical expertise and collaborate with other IT specialists to rapidly develop and deliver solutions that meet changing business needs.
- Perform all necessary discovery and fact finding to fully understand more complex business problems and opportunities and independently execute all assignments.
- Research and stay abreast of technology trends and IT best practices, with a focus on continuous learning and possible application to the business.
- Provide direction and assistance to less experienced team members.
BACKGROUND / EDUCATION/ EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, mathematics or other relevant technical field or Associates degree specifically in computer science with experience in the field.
- 5 years development experience.
- ITIL certified and ServiceNow certification a plus
- Extensive background in ServiceNow and ITSM development, (Istanbul or later).
- Diversified experience in analysis, design, development, testing, implementation as a Developer of ServiceNow and ITIL processes.
- Strong knowledge and experience working with ServiceNow’s Service Catalog, CMDB, Service Portal and CMS Portal and developing customer self-service catalog items and workflows.
- Experience in a 24/7 high-availability multi-site enterprise environment that includes including application hosting, voice and data networks, security management, and information protection.
- Successful track record of collaboration with teams that deliver on operational priorities.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills across a broad range of personnel across all business functions.
- Ability to work in a virtual global team environment across all time zones.