We are true believers in electronic sports, so don’t be surprised if you see us playing mobile games at our desks or in the kitchen. At Skillz, we'll encourage you to join in. You can also catch us at our weekly game nights playing anything from Starcraft to Cranium over dinner, while discussing new technologies or brainstorming ideas to improve our business.
Not a “gamer”? Don’t worry about it. Every Skillzian brings a unique perspective to the team, and we bond over plenty of activities that don’t involve games. We’re working to build a truly groundbreaking company, and we want world-class people to join us on that mission. As the creators and leaders of a new marketplace, we work with a can do mentality, and frankly, we get the job done.
Our team is passionate, intelligent, creative, and constantly seeking new challenges. We embrace out-of-the-box strategies to propel our business forward, and foster a culture where every person’s voice is heard. Our team comes from diverse backgrounds, and our leaders have a strong history of funding, building and selling successful enterprises. If you're up for the challenge, we’d love to meet you.
What you'll do:
- You'll investigate and respond to challenging issues raised by developer relations team.
- In order to foster a healthy development community, you'll create examples, video tutorials and articles for developers.
- Working closely with game developers via Zendesk, Chat, and Email, you'll help improve the Skillz ecosystem.
- You'll train under our engineering teams in iOS, Unity and Android development, while helping better our integration process.
- As your training continues, you'll have the opportunity to grow into a full time engineering role.
- You will implement your own suggestions to make a positive impact on a wide range of public APIs.
- You will work with our publisher relations and engineering teams to drive and improve our developer support process.
- As we roll out new technology, you'll be integral in educating developers.
- Building new features for our internal games.
- A strong foundation in both a static & dynamic programming languages.
- Excellent communication skills, particularly your written communication.
- You have a passion for video games.
- You can demonstrate a strong desire to grow as an engineer.
- Creative self-starter who likes working on very productive, fast-paced teams
- Experience with game engines like Unity, Corona, and UDK are a huge plus