Internal Operations is a customer-focused team of business, data, and technical experts managing the Master Data Management (MDM), Financial Settlement, Reporting, and Data-Warehouse environments for NetSpend, one of the leading prepaid card providers in United States.
This position is responsible for the full life cycle of various internal (back-office) systems from requirements gathering and analysis all the way through to implementation of the production system. This individual will provide support in all aspects of development- and testing-associated activities around integration, extension, and customization. The candidate must be a team player and technical expert who can contribute to and coach a team to help deliver secure, scalable, and robust business applications.
This is a 7-member, Agile team that takes care of development and production support for various packaged & COTS applications. It supports financial transfers between external partners as well as ensuring that these transfers are recognized in our Netspend accounting system. Along with regular production support, the team is focused on enhancing the platform's scalability and availability, striving to anticipate growth and improve all levels of service.
NetSpend offers a fun, personable atmosphere where creativity, ingenuity, and talent are encouraged and rewarded.
- Drives tactical technical design direction with delivery team in an Agile development environment
- Responsible for software development in various technology frameworks, focusing on solutions that increase stability, scalability, redundancy and flexibility in our systems
- Participates with hands-on software development around new feature and fixing critical bugs
- Takes the initiative to recommend and enact continuous improvements in the product, process, and work environment; collaborates with core engineering and data-infrastructure teams to help recommend short-, mid-, and long-term solutions
- Works closely with other colleagues and junior developers to help mentor on their daily tasks and helps them align with best development practices
- Adheres to current documentation standards and owns/produces necessary documentation for training and compliance
- Deliver highly scalable and reliable business applications using Java (J2EE) and Oracle (PL/SQL) technologies
- Ensure that unit and system tests are automated and complete per quality assurance requirements
- Optimize performance and scalability as necessary to meet business and financial goals of application and environment
- 5+ years’ hands-on experience with Oracle Database-centric applications development. Must be capable of analyzing code issues and conducting code reviews
- 3+ years’ hands-on experience working on applications with large data volume of data
- Ability to write complex SQL queries and Oracle PL/SQL
- Experience working in Java and Unix/Linux environments
- Experience with ETL Tools (OWB, Talend, Informatica, or DataStage) preferred
- Experience with Cloud/Hadoop-related applications is a plus
- Experience with Dev-Ops (Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery) is a plus
- Atlassian Suite experience, i.e., JIRA and Confluence highly desirable
- Demonstration of analytical, methodical, and resourceful approach to problem solving
- Outstanding organizational, interpersonal communication, and presentation skills, including the ability to appropriately convey a strong sense of confidence and professionalism
- Highly self-directed in the ability to plan, prioritize, lead, and organize work
- Experience working in a high-pressure environment with fast pace and constant change in order to meet multiple goals and objectives; must thrive in an interruption-driven world
- BS/MS in CS or equivalent preferred, or equivalent work experience.
- As provided in NetSpend Background Check policy, eligible candidates may be subject to drug, criminal history, and credit checks, which will be conducted and used in accordance with applicable local, state, and federal laws.