Primary Job Functions:
Basic Job Functions:
Delivers on the data and analytics team's vision of enabling the access and analysis of any data, from anywhere, at any time. Responsible for the ongoing development, maintenance and transformation of the company's data integrations, systems and analyses working collaboratively in a team environment to create trusted data assets. General activities include leading discussions with business partners to understand needs and objectives, designing data objects and processes, coding/developing integration/cleansing processes, coding/developing data platforms, building analytical processes, and delivering/reviewing results or outcomes.
Experience and Education:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Data Science, Information Technology or related field with six years of related work experience or four years of First Solar IT experience; OR
- Associate's degree in in Computer Science, Data Science, Information Technology or related field with eight years of related work experience or six years of First Solar IT experience.
- Data engineering, data warehouse, Hadoop, etc. certifications a plus.
- 5+ years of experience in a development role working with multiple data sources and formats and following IT practices (SDLC, Agile Scrum, CMM-lv3, RUP, etc.)
- 4+ years of experience working with other technical and non-technical resources in a collaborative, team format.
- 1+ years of experience as lead developer (providing technical direction to a team of developers to implement a project).
- 5+ years of experience with medium to high complexity SQL queries, scripts, stored procedures to store, retrieve, join and manipulate data.
- 3+ years of experience with the concepts of data modeling and dimensional analysis with data warehouses, star schemas, operational data stores, data lakes, etc.
- 4+ years of coding experience with .NET framework languages like C#, Visual Basic or similar.
- Experience with Microsoft Azure SDKs a plus.
- Experience with Python a plus.
- 3+ years of experience with ETL / ELT for data integration, streaming and cleansing tools. Examples include SQL Server Integration Services, Azure Data Factory, Mulesoft, Jitterbit, etc.
- 3+ years of experience working with structured and unstructured (XML, JSON, CSV, etc.) data.
- Experience with distributed or MPP environments such as Azure SQL Data Warehouse, Hadoop, Apache Spark, etc. a plus.
- Experience creating and communicating technical documentation such as entity relationship diagrams, technical specifications, interface specifications, test plans, etc.
- Experience with fundamental technologies in a Microsoft environment: operating systems, networking, middleware, security, databases, etc.
- Demonstrated history of maintaining up-to-date technology skills in both upcoming and current, production-orientated technologies.
- Interfaces with other IT associates and end users to understand business requirements from a technical perspective. Works in diverse business domains (Manufacturing, Sales, Services, Finance, Supply Chain, etc.)
- Conducts or mentors others in data lifecycle activities of medium to high complexity: problem identification, hypothesis definition, data integration, data profiling, prototyping, data schema design, coding and development, testing and deployment across First Solar technology landscape through projects and change requests.
- Works with other developers and architects on the organization, structure and use of First Solar's data assets (e.g., data warehouse, data lake, operational data stores, etc.)
- Executes ETL / ELT integration processes: extracting, manipulating, loading, aggregating and transforming data to create and publish data services to a data catalog.
- Evaluates the accuracy of data from multiple internal and external sources, identifies relationships, performs quality audits, identifies data gaps / anomalies, conducts root cause analysis with recommend solutions, and tracks error resolution through completion.
- Maintains a data catalog with additions, changes and deletions to ensure most up-to-date information is available to other technical resources and end users on the availability, descriptions and intent of data and analytical assets.
- Monitors First Solar's data environments and resolves issues. Takes proactive steps to improve solutions that positively impact performance, scalability and user experience.
- Creates technical documentation and conducts development to support routine, recurring and ad-hoc requests adhering to First Solar's technical standards.
- Supports architects in the design and application of data solutions in support of Critical Design Reviews and New Technology Review processes.
- In coordination with architects, applies patches, notes, upgrades, etc. to First Solar's data platform infrastructure.
- Understands and complies with relevant organizational policies and procedures, taking responsibility for assessing and managing risks around the use of data.
- Guides or mentors other technical and non-technical resources in data management techniques.
- Maintains awareness of opportunities provided by new technology to address challenges or to enable new ways of working.
- Performs other assignments as required
- Job description subject to change at any time
- This position will report to a Senior Manager- IT.