Develops, maintains, and integrates application software, related project management activity, and production support. Works closely with internal and external clients, business analysts, and team members to understand business requirements. Develops and integrates application software, including unit testing and implementation efforts. Continues to maintain and support software after implementation. Responsible for the more complex work and assignments typically required of a Developer.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Works on multiple projects at a time as a member of each project team, often acts as a project leader
- Works on enterprise-wide small and large complex projects that require the highest level of expertise; participates on project teams, systems and data analysis, design, development, integration, and enhancement activities, as well as related maintenance and more complex production support
- Assists and develops the project scope of multiple complex projects with assistance from the project team and serves as a project point of contact when necessary
- Leads and/or participates in project-planning sessions with clients, business analysts, and team members to analyze development requirements, provide design recommendations for complex systems, and recommend methods and assignments
- Conducts unit tests ensuring system meets the needs of client and business based on technical documentation
- Provides ongoing maintenance of web applications and/or client/server applications or tools, depending upon previous involvement with projects
- Handles unresolved production support issues across multiple areas of expertise
- Provides design recommendations, develops application and custom integration solutions, including major enhancements and interfaces
- Makes complex modifications to existing software applications and modules in accordance with technical specifications and division standards; reviews effort to ensure compliance to application standards
- Follows documented and approved SDLC process and makes recommendations toward the development of reusable routines or components, including object-oriented base class reuse
- Translates business and technical requirements into cross-functional business application systems, providing custom integration solutions, including major system enhancements; collaborates in setting development guidelines
- Serves as an individual contributor or technical lead
- Stays abreast of latest technologies and development trends
- Provides application support as needed during regular and after hours support as needed for applications supported by the team
- Each team member is expected to be aware of risk within their functional area. This includes observing all policies, procedures, laws, regulations and risk limits specific to their role. Additionally, they should raise and report known or suspected violations to the appropriate Company authority in a timely fashion.
- Performs other related duties as required.
The information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Synovus is an Equal Opportunity Employersupportingdiversity in the workplace.ShiftFirstAlternate LocationMinimum Requirements
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
Minimum Education:Bachelor's Degree required in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field.
Minimum Experience: 5 years job related work experience
Required Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Experience and understanding of multiple programming languages, systems, as well as data design and project management methodologies.