Position Purpose: Assist in all phases of software development lifecycle, including the design and implementation of programs and applications to ensure successful delivery of business value to internal and external customers.
- Modify existing programs and applications and assist with developing new programs and applications, using programming languages and development tools, to allow for optimization of reporting, advanced analytics and data mining in the Business Intelligence environment
- Analyze available information applying experience and systems knowledge to diagnose problems and identify solutions to meet user requirements
- Query, manipulate and analyze data to support production systems and resolve ad-hoc user requests
- Ensure the quality of the data and structure of the reporting & analytics environment
- Test and document program modifications in accordance to the change policy, and assist in the creation of user and system documentation
- Assist with the build, maintenance, and optimization of ETL programs and processes for large datasets
- Evaluate current processes and assist with the development of automated reporting processes
Education/Experience: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, related field or equivalent experience. 2+ years of programming or application development experience. Experience creating advanced queries using SQL or T-SQL. Experience working with relational databases such as Oracle and Microsoft SQL Server. Experience with Microsoft Business Intelligence (BI) platform preferred.
License/Certification: ITIL Certificate or obtain within 18 months of hire.