Analyze business application requirements for functional areas and design, test, and debug software applications. Additional responsibilities include system changes and enhancements, standard business tools technical support for operation improvements, documenting application specifications and training users. This individual will use software development best practices and ensure that uniform enterprise-wide application design and coding standards are followed.
• Supports existing applications and projects by responding to incidents, problems, and service requests.
• Manages administrative tasks related to the position of Application Developer.
• Manages departmental internal controls and regulatory issues.
• Proposes changes to methodologies, procedures, and software development lifecycle to ensure continuous improvement.
• Works with business partners directly to ensure solution requirements and quality are addressed as soon as possible in the development cycle
• Ensures that any solution development assigned is documented and communicated well to other members of the IT team.
• Provides leadership on various application development initiatives
• Works with the business areas to gain a strong understanding of the product line you are assigned to support.
• Provides tactical support for project management as assigned.
• Maintains existing enterprise applications using bank preferred technologies
• Provides application analysis and support for vendor developed applications
• Bachelor's degree in relevant field (e.g. Management Information Systems, Computer Science, Computer Science & Engineering, Information Technology & Management, Electrical & Electronics Engineering) plus 1-3 years, or Master's degree in relevant field plus 1-3 years of system design and development experience in PC/LAN and Web-based computing environment or equivalent experience in lieu of degree
• 1 years financial services industry experience
• Deep understanding of object-oriented design principles and patterns, application architecture, and the software development lifecycle
• Experience with automated test, build, and integration techniques
• Experience with Java open source frameworks (e.g., Spring, Hibernate, log4j, JUnit, Mockito)
• 1 years of experience with version control tools such as Git and IDEs
• Experience in development teams using automation associated with continuous integration, deployment and release management
• Experience with Agile methodologies and principles
• Knowledge of developing visualizations
• Excellent skills in SQL programming
• Knowledge of reporting and analytics using Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS)
• Strong verbal and written communications skills that promote effective working relationships in a team-oriented environment
• Ability to decompose complex problems, troubleshoot issues and communicate solutions to the team and other stakeholders
• Ability to communicate to all levels of users (internal and external), strong problem-solving skills, adaptable, proactive and willing to take ownership
• Ability to positively engage, self-motivate and possess a strong desire to learn
• Ability to complete tasks on set budgetary parameters and targets