This is your opportunity to join AXIS Capital – a trusted global provider of specialty lines insurance and reinsurance. We stand apart for our outstanding client service, intelligent risk taking and superior risk adjusted returns for our shareholders. We also proudly maintain an entrepreneurial, disciplined and ethical corporate culture. As a member of AXIS, you join a team that is among the best in the industry.
The Developer for Duck Creek Claims is responsible for translating business requirements into pragmatic and functional application/technology solutions. This role is responsible for hands on development and day to day driving of the other developers toward quality delivery. The developer should be a subject matter expert in one or more elements of the application they support including XML/XSLT/XPATH/ASP.NET MVC. Knowledge and expertise in Duck Creek Claims configuration console and data model, XSLT transforms, SQL Database queries and procedures. A successful candidate will combine hands on functional/technical skills with the ability to develop solutions and mentor a technical delivery team.
- Responsible for the development efforts for Duck Creek Claims. Provide application development support for Duck Creek Claims Module. Maintain and update documentation and artifacts for all supported systems.
- Drives and conducts POCs as required.
- Provide application support and drive resolution of reported problems to customer satisfaction.
- Minimum 1-3 years of experience in the PC insurance with very good understanding of claims, underwriting and insurance rules.
- Collaborate and partner with vendors, creating a blended / unified team between internal development resources and external vendor resources.
- Acts as the contributing developer for the team – adhering to best practices, defining standards, ensuring adherence to these, performing code reviews, participating in unit testing and debugging as required.
- Participates in peer- code review.
- Partners with the lead developer and project manager in a project/initiative to structure the work streams and plan for delivery of the solution. Includes estimating and assistance in work / activity assignment.
- Responsible for implementing and further the Enterprise Architectural standards and principles. Acts as a champion for reuse of assets in solution creation.
- Support implementation of solutions by analyzing current system environments and infrastructure, develop implementation plan and verification procedures, and ensure their execution to deliver successful installation of systems hardware/software.
- Engage when needed in maintenance and support activities being performed, as well as routine analysis and evaluation on resource requirements necessary to maintain and/or expand service level.
- Maintain and upkeep system designs – application, technical, physical topologies.
- Develop and support code management practices and processes
- Analyze and tune application performance, supportability, and manageability.
- Liaise between technical and non-technical resource team members to answer day to day business questions either directly or indirectly as supported by the Business Leads and SMEs
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or Computer Science preferred
- Experience developing, and implementing complex integration business solutions and Packaged Insurance Products
- 1 – 3+ years’ experience in P&C Insurance Industry including relevant Claims experience, in a technology role preferred
- 1 - 3+ years’ experience developing in industry standard programming languages C#, .NET
- 1 - 3+ years’ experience in XML, XSLT, ASP, MS- SQL server-side and client-side script for browsers
Other relevant experience in the technology and business domain they support:
- ASP.Net MVC, XML, XSLT and associated development / testing techniques
- Experience with Duck Creek Policy Administration and Duck Creek integration preferred
- Experience working with vendors, system integrators, and/ or in a managed service environment.
- Experience working in a hybrid agile mode with knowledge of Kanban, Lean and Test-Driven environments
- Experience interpreting requirements documentation into functional/technical documents including storyboarding, UML, sequence diagrams, component diagrams, information flows, use cases and presentations
- Dedicated and detail oriented
- Dedicated and conscientious team player
- Ability to communicate effectively and efficiently across the organization on a regular basis
- Excellent Analytical skills
- Ability to motivate, mentor, and grow resource skills within a team environment