Join our growing Data & Analytics team to support our successful retail insurance business. Work with an experienced team to design, develop and implement a new business intelligence platform and data tools. Our team of software developers, data engineers and analysts are responsible for helping the Insurance division make the most of its information using web applications, data transformation, data warehousing, visualization, data analysis, reporting and predictive analytics.
Develop and integrate complex in-house/third-party software applications that support business processes and information needs.Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
Gather client requirements, analyze, design and create complex application solutions.
- Prepare detailed specifications from which complex programs will be written.
- Develop and integrate complex application code to meet the design specifications for simple to moderately complex enhancements or change requests.
- Perform thorough unit testing and correct identified defects.
- Work with the testing team to resolve issues and to ensure software quality.
- Provide application support including complex problem research, analysis, resolution and on-call support.
- Recommend improvements to existing software programs.
- Adhere to Software Development Life Cycle Standards (SDLCS) and applicable Data and Technology Services Policies and Standards.
- Provide guidance and training to less experienced developers and analysts.
- Regularly communicate with management and technical support colleagues.
Required Skills and Competencies:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- 12 years of overall professional experience, including at least 5 years of experience developing software with Microsoft .Net, C#, Microsoft SQL and Microsoft SSIS technologies
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, or equivalent education and related training
- Six years of experience in application design and programming and complex debugging
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated strong attention to detail
- Ability to work independently or as a member of a team
- Ability to train others Demonstrated proficiency in basic computer applications, such as Microsoft Office software products
- Ability to travel, occasionally overnight
Desired Skills and Competencies:
- Two years of experience in an Agile or Lean organization
- Six years of eBusiness or Information Technology experience