iPipeline is a leading provider of cloud-based software solutions for the life insurance and financial services industry. Through our SaaS solutions, we accelerate and simplify insurance sales, compliance, operations, and support. We provide process automation and seamless integration between every participant in the life insurance industry including carriers, agents (such as financial advisors and independent insurance agents), distributors (such as banks, broker-dealers, and general agencies) and consumers. Our innovative solutions enable automated processing for pre-sales, point-of-sale execution of applications, post-sale support, reporting, consumer delivery and agency management.
iPipeline makes it easier for people to purchase investment and insurance products that secure their financial future. With headquarters in Exton, Pennsylvania, iPipeline has locations in Cheltenham (UK), Fort Lauderdale, Atlanta, Ontario (CA), Philadelphia, and Salt Lake City. Visit www.ipipeline.com.
We are currently looking for a Developer (Build & Install) to join our team.
iPipeline has an opportunity for a (Build & Install) Developer interested in being part of building a product on the SFDC platform. The ideal candidate should have development experience and is comfortable writing code and scripts.
You will be a critical part of a SCRUM project team responsible for executing delivery of custom Salesforce solutions. This person will be involved in all phases of the system development lifecycle from requirements gathering through implementation and deployment for SFDC and Force.com platform. This person possesses a balance of strong interpersonal skills with exceptional technical know-how. This position is suited for a well-rounded technical resource that would be able to focus on improving business processes, effectively apply development methodologies and tools, manage complicated projects and understand the needs of our clients.
What you will be doing?
- Work closely with developers and the Development Manager to ensure that SCRUM teams are carefully planning, testing and releasing software in a manner which supports deployment automation and a regular deployment cadence.
- Automate deployment processes whenever possible, optimizing efficiency and quality of delivery
- Configure & maintain the automated CI tool used by our SCRUM teams
- Be the owner for all automated and non-automated deployment procedures/activities which are part of our Salesforce environments and any other connecting systems.
- Identify issues and perform root-cause analysis of deployment issues to ensure problems are resolved are not repeated
- Participate in estimation activities and follow SCRUM methodology
- Set up, monitor and maintain all sandboxes, including creating and synchronizing sandbox metadata and appropriate data sets
- During iteration planning, together with the rest of the team, write down the needed tasks to deliver each user story, and estimate how many hours they will take.
- Document Technical Specifications
- Develop new features for a Product on Salesforce AppExchange
- Develop on the Force.com platform using APEX, SOQL, SLDS, Lightning and other AppCloud technologies.
- Participate in iteration demonstrations and listen to stakeholder feedback
- Contribute to continuous improvement and proactively support knowledge-sharing within the domain/project team.
What you need to apply (required):
- BS in Computer Science or related field required
- 2+ years cumulative experience in any of the following areas: release management, software version control, software development.
- Working knowledge of SQL Server and other database technologies
- Experience working with Source Control like GIT
Nice to Have:
- CRM or ERP experience
- Salesforce CRM / Force.comexperience
- Jenkins experience
- Must be a self-starter who requires minimal supervision
- Focused on efficiency and productivity; able to identify and implement ways of simplifying and automating both build processes and general software development processes
- Able to prioritize many tasks and handle interruptions
- Be able to see a task from a business standpoint, not just a technical standpoint
- Be result-oriented - he/she will be able to take a task and achieve its objectives with minimal guidance
- Agile and Iterative experience
- Strong delivery skills
- Adept at translating customer requirements into technical specifications