The Web Developer Relations team is focused on supporting the long term health of the web platform by working withdevelopers to create the guidance and tools, samples and apps they need to be successful. We want to make it easy for web developers to build great experiences quickly on the web. We work with Product teams to convey feedback from developers to help identify and prioritize changes to the platform and we work withdevelopers to help build next-generation experiences using WebAssembly (WASM).
As a Developer Advocate, you will focus on deeply understanding and activating the ecosystem around WebAssembly with activities ranging from inspiring developers with the latest advancements in the platform to educating the industry on the possibilities of WASM. The role will also have a strong focus on the creation and development of best practices by working closely with partner developers both big and small to understand their needs and work closely with the engineering team and the wider standards bodies to prioritize the direction of both the WASM core features and the toolchain.
Google is and always will be an engineering company. We hire people with a broad set of technical skills who are ready to take on some of technology's greatest challenges and make an impact on millions, if not billions, of users. At Google, engineers not only revolutionize search, they routinely work on massive scalability and storage solutions, large-scale applications and entirely new platforms for developers around the world. From AdWords to Chrome, Android to YouTube, Social to Local, Google engineers are changing the world one technological achievement after another.
- Advocate for the adoption of the Open Web and WebAssembly to strategic partners and the broader developer community with a focus on identifying opportunities for ecosystems and platforms to come to the web with WASM.
- Provide technical guidance and expertise to partner teams adopting WASM about best practices, bug resolution and what topics on the roadmap might be relevant to them.
- Understand the many various WASM projects in the ecosystem and provide guidance on which projects are worth highlighting and advocating for changes to the platform.
- Promote our developer products in person and online by presenting at conferences, blogging, writing technical tutorials and other similar activities.
- Advocate for developers internally, and consult Google developer product strategy by working with Product Management, Engineering, PR, Marketing, Business Development and other cross-functional teams.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 1 year of experience building with WebAssembly and Emscripten tool-chains.
- Relevant working experience, including experience working directly with third-party partners.
- Experience working with on the bleeding edge of the web platform, and blogging and writing technical articles.
- Experience creating scalable developer content and strong command of web application or mobile application development landscapes.
- Experience as a Frontend Lead/Architect, Tech Director, Designer or Consultant working with new web platform technologies.