How You’ll Drive Impact
- Write, speak about, and help invent the future of DevOps by collaborating with Split customers and industry thought leaders in the broader DevOps community to form a deep understanding of where the future of our industry is going.
- You’ll become the voice of our technology in person and online.
- Speak at conferences and meetups to build Split’s reputation as a thought leader around DevOps, experimentation, and metrics.
- Create videos, write technical tutorials and whitepapers, and other web content that highlight best practices, serving as an evangelist and trusted advisor to technical practitioners of all stripes.
- Partner with product engineering teams to build compelling demos and to contribute production code.
- Create developer facing documentation and training materials for Split’s SDKs and APIs to foster the growth of our developer community.
- You’ll represent the voice of the user back to our product team to make our products better.
- Support current and future customers by tag teaming with our engineering and support teams in forums and social media.
- You’ll stay on top of emerging trends in our market and ecosystem, keep a pulse on the competition in key usage areas and markets, and communicate your findings to our product team to inform our product strategy.
Who You Are
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science. Equivalent experience is accepted if you can show your working code and talk through it with one of our in-house developers.
- Experience as a current or former technical practitioner (e.g., developer, SRE, DevOps engineer, IT Operations engineer, Sales Engineer, etc.). Prior experience working as a technical or developer evangelist/advocate and building practitioner communities.
- An in-depth understanding of technologies and practices relevant to DevOps and Cloud (e.g., microservices, containerization, infrastructure as code, IaaS, and PaaS, etc.).
- Familiarity with the breadth of the software development lifecycle.
- Ability to code demos in one or more languages; high-level of comfort with writing scripts that leverage APIs.
- An understanding of statistical concepts or experience using a data analytics product.
- Have publicly available writing samples or recordings of presentations on technical topics.
- A desire and talent to explain complex technical topics clearly and concisely while inspiring developers: verbally, in writing, on stage, and through video.
- Hustle to get out there and talk to the practitioner community, in-person and online.
- Proven track record of working cross-functionally across multiple teams.
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time.