Who You Are
We think a software developer with a passion for developer education and technical outreach would be a great addition to our team. You're excited to work with new technologies and are comfortable with one or more programming languages. You are a great communicator and storyteller, and work well both with a team and independently. You're an active participant in developer communities online and in-person. You're excited about creating technical demos, technical content and helping other developers do more with Salesforce technologies. We would welcome you in one of our many US and Canada office locations, or working remotely.
What You Will Do
In this role you will be empowered to learn new technologies and become an expert in the world's most trusted cloud platform. You'll be collaborating with a motivated team of developer advocates. With dedicated editorial teams, you'll produce great content for our video programs, blogs, and learning platforms like Trailhead. You'll also work closely with developer marketing, product development, product marketing, and client-facing teams to represent and support our developer community.
This role will involve public speaking. While much of our outreach is currently virtual, we eventually foresee domestic and international travel as it becomes safe to do so.
- Develop and maintain expertise in the Salesforce Platform and technologies.
- Develop code samples, prototypes, and demos and publish open source code to inspire and help developer and community success.
- Author technical content and opinion including written content, on-demand and live streamed videos, and in-person talks enabling developers on our platform.
- Provide live support at virtual and real-world events and marketing activities in the areas of technical demonstrations, talks, and workshops.
- Build and support community and relationships through online and in-person evangelism of Salesforce technologies.
- Support team members, internal partners, and our community with outreach, product advocacy, evangelism, and support.
- Develop and collaborate on strategy related to other development platforms, tools, and languages.
- Work closely with internal product R&D teams to comprehend and influence upcoming platform technologies, features, and tools.
- Occasionally advise valued customers and partners on best practices and architecture to speed adoption and customer success.
- Diverse technical software development background with experience developing with one or more modern programming languages.
- Professional experience in enterprise application development.
- Demonstrated ability to produce technical content in the form of tutorials, blog posts, presentations, videos, or podcasts.
- Passion for learning about and working with new technologies.
- Clear presentation, interpersonal, and communication skills and experience making complex technical concepts accessible and understandable.
- Experience building and supporting developer communities.
- Comfort and experience with social media.
- Deep problem solving and analytical skills and a passion for getting involved with strategy.
- Working knowledge of modern web technologies such as cloud-based APIs, standards, and protocols (REST, JSON, SOAP), ECMAScript 2015+, and frameworks.
- Enthusiasm to learn, or some experience with the Salesforce Platform.
- Hands-on experience with and enthusiasm for a variety of enterprise technologies. Some examples might be identity, security, mobile development, integration platforms, AI/ML, etc.
- Positive visibility within a developer community or a reputation for helpfulness in developer spaces.