The Dev Ops/ Java Developer role will involve close interaction with the Systems Architect, Development Team Leaders, business team members and other members of the development team and will demand a high level of design and coding to implement and deliver enhancements. There will be ample opportunities to quickly expand on your technical experience, with plenty of business exposure. This role requires a foundation in J2EE with SQL experience. Java Developers provide leadership and technical expertise to enable multi-layered solution architectures that comprehend and specify business, application, data and infrastructure designs. The ideal candidate for this role will possess a passion for technology and a desire to have exposure to and learn more about the Global Connected Consumer.
In addition, we are looking for experience with DevOps (Development and Operations). IT professional that cross and merge the barriers that exist between software development, testing, deployment, and operations. Striving to obtain 99.999% continuous availability by designing and developing solutions that speed up and automate for continuous delivery.
Additional Job Description
What You Need
- 4-year College degree or equivalent work experience
- At least 3+ years software development experience in the business environment
- Experience with Agile teams that have regularly delivered software while practicing code review
- 3+ years’ experience delivering Java / JEE Business Solutions
- 3+ years’ experience of the full software development lifecycle (SDLC)
- 3+ years’ experience SQL/Oracle
- 3+ years’ experience with OO analysis and design experience
- Proficiency with Microservices, Pivotal Cloud Foundry, Spark, Kubernetes, Akka, Pulsar, RabbitMQ, Cassandra, Redis, Bitbucket and Maven
- Proficiency with Agile Dev Techniques (including TDD, JUnit, Mocks)
- Proficiency with SQL, Hibernate, Web Services (REST and/or SOAP)
- Experience automating and improving development, testing, and deployment
- Strong sociability skills in a collaborative working environment
- Ability to function with new technologies
- Creating self-contained, reusable, and testable modules and components in frontend and backend work
- Creative problem-solving skills that deliver elegant solutions to complex issues
- 3+ years’ experience with monitoring tools and event processing from incident alerts from monitoring tools.
- 2+ years’ experience Linux/Unix shell scripting and/or Python.
- 2+ years’ experience creating and running JUnit Tests
- 1+ year experience with the ELK stack and dashboarding within Kibana.
- Working knowledge of source control software (SVN, Git or TFS).
- Working knowledge with CI/CD Technologies / Best Practices (Artifactory, Black Duck, Chef, CARA, SonarQube and Jenkins, Build pipelines, GitFlow, etc.)
What Would Be Even Better
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree in technical area (Computer Science, Computer or Electrical Engineering, Information Systems, Mathematics, Data Analytics, Statistics, etc.)
- Experience with Groovy, Kubernetes or Docker containers
- SiteScope and HP Enterprise Operations Bridge Manager