Join Our Team!
Sunbelt Rentals strives to be the customer's first choice in the equipment rental industry. From pumps to scaffolding to general construction tools, we aim to be the only call needed to outfit a job site with the proper equipment. Not only do we offer a vast fleet that ranks among the best in the industry, we pair it all with a friendly and knowledgeable staff. Our employees are our greatest asset, and although we present a comprehensive equipment offering, our expertise and service are what truly distinguish us from the competition.
We pride ourselves on investing in our workforce and offer competitive benefits, as well as extensive on-the-job training for all eligible employees.
As a highly successful national company, we are constantly looking for talented individuals to support our growth. If you are interested in pursuing a rewarding career, we invite you to review our opportunities!
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
As the DevOps engineer you will be accountable for running our software automation and deployment activities which drive our continuous integration/continuous delivery initiative for the Product and Platform team. We will focus on providing the automation framework for implementing CI/CD pipelines for Java, .NET, Android/IOS mobile applications deployed on on-premise infrastructure and Cloud with PaaS and SaaS offerings.
We are seeking an experienced DevOps engineer to help level up our “DevOps playbook”. This will start with learning and understanding our existing systems, identifying gaps vs. best in class DevOps, and helping create & execute a plan to close the gaps.
The successful candidate must be a self-starter and passionate about competitive research to uncover and articulate competitive advantage, have deep insights into real-world customer issues and have ability to simultaneously handle multiple assignments.
- Manage all rental production environment changes including, but not limited to: supporting day to day requests, season start up activities, new PC’s/Branches setups, yearly software upgrades, bi-weekly releases, etc.
- Work with peers to improve and expand our Kubernetes infrastructure
- Contribute to the design and implementation of new products and features, making sure they are all developed so they fit nicely in our Continuous Delivery framework and processes
- Design, deploy and manage streaming services such as Kafka, spark and HDFS
- Hands on experience with several DevOps tools (Git, Gradle, GitLab, Artifactory, SonarQube, Veracode, Azure DevOps)
- Create and support cloud (Azure, AWS, GCP) and local cluster environment and infrastructure.
- Identifying bottlenecks, sniffing packets, and creating dashboards on the fly is key.
- Design, implement, and manage DevOps capabilities in on prem and cloud offerings using CI/CD toolsets and automation
- Ability to work independently or as a member of the team
- Ensure DevOps systems we build are robust in the sense they can scale, handle rapid growth, and limit exposure to single points of failure and security vulnerabilities
- This is a hands-on role that architects and supports build and release automation pipelines. You will be part of one team that will deploy a full software stack in public/ private clouds.
- Plan, install and deploy highly available solutions in public cloud
- Extensive experience in implementing and supporting Pipelines utilizing Jenkins, Terraform, Artifactory, Maven, Cloudformation, Chef, Puppet/Ansible/Salt Stack, and other tools required
- Open-source software deployment and customization experience required Apache, Nginx, Tomcat, HAProxy, et
- Install and configure NOSQL and SQL databases of all flavors- SQL Server, MongoDB, MYSQL, Cassandra, Couchbase, Oracle
- Support the automation requirements of continuous integration and continuous deployment
- Integrate test data provisioning with automated environment
- Work closely with positive, like minded and dedicated team members
- Identify and develop metrics and dashboards to monitor adoption and maturity of Dev Ops within the AppDev teams.
- Strong understanding and familiarity with the fundamentals Application server, Web server and systems administration
Education and Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- Proven ability to collaborate and build strong relationships with customers.
- Proven ability to engage across corporate functions (Services, Product Management, Development, QA, Operations).
- Ability to generate a sense of urgency and rally appropriate resources.
- Strong problem solving, priority setting, facilitation, multi-tasking, analytical and collaboration skills.
- Able to deal with the stress related to escalation impact and resolution timeframes and conflicting/competing priorities.
- Ability to provide high quality verbal and written communication.
- Well-developed listening and documentation skills.
- Strong organizational, presentation, meeting, and communication skills.
- Proven ability to mentor, coach and lead a team to success.
- Able to troubleshoot issues quickly and effectively
- Hands on with Shells, Shell scripting basics.
- Experience with microservices architectures and deploying Docker containers
- Experience with Atlassian suite, Maven and Artifactory, Github, Kubernetes, Open Shift, Docker, Jenkins, Ansible, uDeploy, OpenShift, Selenium
- Experience working alongside and supporting multiple Agile development teams and vendors
- Experience deploying to leading cloud providers Azure, AWS and GCP.
- Familiarity with large scale monitoring and analysis systems, such as Dynatrace, Sumo Logic, ELK or Splunk.