Are valued and empowered, collaborative and team oriented, creative in their approach and passionate about their work. They are reliable, trustworthy and open with a high level of integrity. They value diversity, are inclusive and are committed to a global mindset
This position is responsible for working on a variety of technical problems of moderate scope & complexity. Designs, codes, tests, maintains and delivers new/modified functionality under general supervision. Collaborate with peers under the direction of technical leads on assigned project teams.
- Contributes to the design and implementation of service and infrastructure components
- Research, investigate and define new areas of technology to enhance existing service or new service directions
- Evaluate and design the implementation of current source code and system configuration
- Document service designs and operations via functional specifications and other documentation
- Collaborate with team members and technical leads
- Responsible for upholding F5’s Business Code of Ethics and for promptly reporting violations of the Code or other company policies.
- Responsible for deploying, managing and supporting production and pre-production environments for our core systems and services
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge and experience with network and web technologies
- Experience with file, block and object storage technologies (NFS, iSCSI)
- 1-2 years of systems engineering and Linux /Unix administration
- Database administration experience with PostgreSQL, MySQL, NoSQL
- Experience with automation/configuration management using either Puppet, Chef, Ansible or an equivalent
- Analytic / trouble-shooting skills
- Able to collaborate and thrive in a fast-paced high-performance environment
- Demonstrated excellence in written and verbal communications
- Scope of projects increased. Can implement new functionality in at least two specific skill areas.
- A working knowledge of virtual machine or container technology (VMware, KVM, OpenStack, Docker, Kubernetes) a plus
- Typically requires a Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 2 years of related experience; or an advanced degree without experience; or equivalent work experience.