What you do at AMD changes everything
At AMD, we push the boundaries of what is possible. We believe in changing the world for the better by driving innovation in high-performance computing, graphics, and visualization technologies – building blocks for gaming, immersive platforms, and the data center.
Developing great technology takes more than talent: it takes amazing people who understand collaboration, respect, and who will go the “extra mile” to achieve unthinkable results. It takes people who have the passion and desire to disrupt the status quo, push boundaries, deliver innovation, and change the world. If you have this type of passion, we invite you to take a look at the opportunities available to come join our team.
· You are curious, persistent, logical and clever – a true techie at heart. You enjoy living by the code of your craft and developing elegant solutions for complex problems. If this sounds like you, this could be the perfect opportunity to join AMD as a DevOps Solution Engineer. Scroll down to learn more about the position’s responsibilities and requirements.
- AMD is seeking to build and strengthen our Development Operations practice across the board by identifying talented DevOps Solution Architects to join our team. Our ideal candidate will possess skills that make them a subject matter expert in systems, infrastructure, automation, and security architecture.
- Design, architect, and implement next generation system architecture and automation solutions
- Implement, maintain, and improve Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery environments
- Own and lead initiatives to define, design, and implement DevOps solutions which includes reference architectures, estimates, and costing
- Provide technical leadership and guidance
- Act as a subject matter expert on DevOps best practices with Cloud Formation, Auto Scaling Groups, and Configuration Management
- Perform analysis best practices and emerging concepts in DevOps, Infrastructure Automation, and Enterprise Security
- Perform profiling, troubleshooting of existing solutions
- Create technical documentation
Infrastructure: Artifactory, Git, Gerrit and GitHub
Automation: Jenkins, Ansible, puppet, Chef, Salt Stack
Operating systems: Ubuntu 16.04, Fedora, CentOS, CoreOS, Gentoo and RedHat
Programming: Shell scripting (preferrably bash), CMake, GNU Make, C, Java, Python, groovy script. Familiarity with C++ a bonus.
APIs & Frameoworks: REST API, piglit, google test, autotest, linux-text-project, etc.
Development tools: Docker, linux tool-chain (gdb, ldd, etc.)
Have an understanding of networking fundamental, i.e. DHCP, DNS, PXE, VLAN/IP.
- Broad knowledge of software development and software testing methodologies along with change and configuration management practices in Linux-based environments
- Strong knowledge of cloud environments
- Proficiency in PaaS orchestration tools like Docker, Kubernetes
- Experience with automated deployment, continuous integration, and release engineering tools
- Solid knowledge of design patterns and refactoring concepts
- Practical expertise in performance tuning and optimization, bottleneck problems analysis
- Active community member and contributor to open source projects is a plus
- Solid technical expertise and troubleshooting skills
- Fluent verbal and written English
- Experience working with deployment and orchestration technologies (such as Docker, Kubernetes, OpenStack, Jenkins)
- Experience working with scalable networking technologies such as Load Balancers/Firewalls and web standards (REST APIs, web security mechanisms).
Requisition Number: 67705