The DevOps Engineer is responsible for working with the Hosting Operations and Development organizations to build a system infrastructure that is automated, reliable, and elastic. The DevOps Engineer will play a key role in increasing customer uptime, reducing opportunities for human error, and ultimately increasing customer satisfaction with the platform by developing tools that are easy to use and execute flawlessly.
The ideal candidate will be highly motivated, have experience with various automation technologies, be proficient with multiple coding languages, and have a passion for creative problem solving.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Execute automation to maintain deployments across multiple datacenters and environments.
- Maintain product release automation used to deploy updates to Accruent software in their hosted and cloud environments
- Work closely with architects and developers to create automation that saves the organization time and money
- Monitor automation for deployments and other maintenance tasks to detect and correct issues, bottlenecks, and performance problems
- Participate in requirement gathering sessions with various teams to understand and solve common roadblocks
- Build out new internal environments to be used by Dev, QA, Support, Services, and Sales
- Release code to Production and non-production environments.
- Create and maintain documentation of all automation in Accruent environments
- Consistently demonstrate Accruent’s values: Humility, Integrity, Drive to Excellence, Results Orientation, Winning Attitude, and Grit
- Maintain the continuous delivery pipeline for Accruent’s enterprise software applications.
- Troubleshoot CI/CD issues such as broken builds, failed test suites, and failed deployments.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Bachelor’s Degree in CS/MIS or equivalent experience
- 2-5 years of hands-on administration experience for SaaS software and databases or Software Development.
- 1+ years of hands-on experience with development operations and release automation
- Proficiency with Linux and Oracle technologies
- Proficiency with Windows Server and IIS application server administration
- Proficiency with BASH, PowerShell, Batch scripting
- Proficiency with Deployment Tools (Octopus, Capistrano, Code Deploy)
- Experience Administering DVCS technologies (Git, mercurial)
- Experience with Continuous Integration Tools (Team City, Jenkins, Bamboo)
- Experience with IaaS (AWS, Azure)
- Experience with relational and document database technologies (Oracle, Microsoft SQL, MySQL, Elasticsearch, Mongo, etc.)
- Experience with automation tools (Puppet, Chef, Ansible, etc.)
- Experience with Software Monitoring Tools (AppDynamics, New Relic, ELK Stack)
- Experience with Octopus deployment tool
- Experience with Git
- Experience with TeamCity or Jenkins
- Experience with the application development lifecycle and release management technologies
- Experience with administration of Linux server environments
- Knowledge of Agile Software Development processes