Dev Ops / Database Server Administrator
CACI International, Inc. is seeking a full-time Dev Ops / Database Server Administrator to join our team in Augusta, Georgia. The candidate will work on Fort Gordon, which is located near Augusta, Georgia.
The primary responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to, building, automating and evolving the software, infrastructure, and technologies that our current and future Linux products depend on. This position will also fulfill the needs of a database administrator (DBA) to assist with performance turning.
When not performing as a DBA, this role will also focus on maintaining and expanding existing Linux infrastructure, automating everything from initial server provisioning to application deployment in both development and production environments.
- Work with development and operations teams in a primarily Linux DevOps environment
- Participate in the design, implementation, and maintenance of open source databases, including, but not limited to MySQL & PostgreSQL
- Performance research, tuning, testing, and implementation of current MySQL and PostgreSQL baselines
- Assist development team with research and development of future database architecture planning
- Work with the development, Information Assurance (IA), and operational teams to automate manual steps and deployment processes into scripts, programs and other applet-like plug-ins for various monitoring Tools
- Work with the development, QA, and Operations team to ensure adequate level of health monitoring for all production systems, including hardware, server components and deployed applications
- Design, implement, and test disaster recovery capability for all business-critical services
- Bachelor's Degree and 4- 6 years of related experience or 9-12 years related experience
- Extensive experience administering MySQL, PostgrSQL, Oracle, SQL Server, or other Open Source DBMS
- Experience with Geo-Server, Geo Web Cache and Open-Layers
- Unix/Linux administration skills (preferably Red Hat Enterprise Linux / CentOS)
- TS/SCI Clearance
- Ability to obtain Security+ within 6 months.
- Database and Linux performance tuning
- VMware ESXi: able to deploy and manage Linux guest hosts in a virtual environment
- Puppet Configuration Management
- Apache, Glassfish
- Linux & Windows Shell Scripting: Bash, PowerShell
- GIS Tools: ArcGIS, Google Earth along with respective plug-ins or Python scripting
- Statistical data management and extraction utilizing Spunk.
- Capacity management & planning
- Basic understanding of LDAP
- Knowledge of other programming languages & tools (e.g., Java, Perl, Python)
- Knowledge of Microsoft Enterprise Windows, Active Directory integration
- Network +
Req #: 136214