Altice USA is a cutting-edge communications, media, and tech company. We connect people to what matters most to them; texting with friends, advertising that resonates, or binge watching their favorite show. Our differentiated approach centers around technologies that push the envelope and deliver the ultimate customer experience. We're building a workforce that attracts and retains the best talent, not only to meet the needs of our customers, but that also reflects the diverse communities we serve. We're not the only ones who have seen it; we've recently been recognized by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers as well as by the Human Rights Campaign, DiversityInc Magazine, and Cablefax for our diversity & inclusion program.
This Manager of Enterprise IT position is responsible for managing a support team that provides customer focused, responsive, cost effective support and administration for IT assets throughout the company footprint.
Primary focus of this position will be the oversight of the IT Service Transition teams which is responsible for IT Asset Management, IT Asset Purchasing, Vendor Management, and IT Warehouse.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Client Relationship Management. Works directly with key client contacts in the organization to ensure that the level of support they receive is meeting or exceeding their business requirements. Routinely works with other support groups to resolve issues and review customer requirements. Manages and resolves service ticket escalations, while keeping respective management informed of issues.
- Resource Management. Responsible for monitoring, managing and driving ticket resolution for ServiceNow ticket queues and balancing workload between analysts to ensure compliance with agreed upon service levels.
- Personnel Management. In conjunction with the respective management, authorizes and monitors overtime and vacation requests. Contributes significant input to employee annual reviews. Participates in interviews of potential new employees.
- Project Management. Responsible for managing resources, deliverables, timelines and budgets.
- Service Level Management. Responsible for monitoring service level agreements, achieving and/or exceeding agreed upon standards.
- IT Service Transition. This team provides the following services:
- IT Asset Management
- Hardware Management
- License Management
- Asset Reporting
- Asset Audits
- IT Asset Purchasing
- Mobile Device
- IT Vendor Management
- Manage relationships and accounts with multiple vendors that provide services to the business.
- IT Warehouse
- Equipment Configuration
Manages the day-to-day operations of the department, is directly involved with and exercises independent judgment with respect to the following:
- Interviews candidates for open positions and makes recommendations for hire, rehire, or promotions.
- Reviews and approves employee schedules, which includes requested time off and ensures sufficient staffing levels through scheduling and assignment of overtime as needed.
- Coaches and counsels employees in the area of conflict resolution with internal and external customers.
- Makes initial determination regarding whether an employee under his/her direction and control should be counseled and/or disciplined and makes recommendations as to the nature of the discipline regarding the same, including the issues of corrective actions and Performance Improvement Plans (PIPs).
- Assigns work to employees based on the specific skills, training, experience and availability of the individuals under his/her direction and control and ultimately is responsible for the completion of said assignments.
- Assesses, prioritizes and alters work assignments of direct reports on a day-to-day basis as operational needs require.
- As needed, conduct periodic meetings with direct reports to provide: training on proper techniques, services, and monthly progress reports.
- Prepares, conducts, or gives input to performance evaluations for employees under his/her direction which is considered by the Company in determining annual merit increases.
- As needed, makes recommendations for termination based on employee’s performance and/or behavior.
- Management Skills
- Staff Management - Timely and effective recruitment, mentoring, and performance reviews and staff development.
- Leadership - Strong leadership, management and communication skills with the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Customer Relations – Maintains a positive and interactive relationship with key customer contacts.
- Team Building – Ensures that their support group has a positive and effective working relationship with the various Enterprise IT groups.
- Work Independently - Effectively works in an independent manner while providing clear and timely communication to management.
- Time Management - Successfully completes all agreed upon goals and assigned work.
- Staff Direction – Directs staff to meet the strategic goals of the corporation and the department.
- Strategic Vision – Understands and drives decisions based on a “Big Picture” view of the business.
- Process Improvement - Resolves customer issues and makes the required process improvement to minimize reoccurrence of issues.
- Project Management – Effectively manages projects.
- Vendor Management – Manages vendors to ensure that assigned work is completed effectively and within budget.
- Employee Development – Maintains and develops a highly motivated, skilled, effective, efficient and customer oriented support staff.
- Financials – Supports the annual budgeting process for Operating and Capital costs.
- Technical/Functional Competencies
- Strong working knowledge of the various information technologies deployed in the company.
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- Key Experiences/Achievements
- 10+ years of experience providing IT support to organizations with 3000+ employees in multiple locations.
- 4+ years of supervisory experience with 3+ direct reports.
- 4+ years of mentoring and staff development staff with 2+ direct reports.
- 5+ years of experience communicating with various levels of management.
- Strong analytical skills to participate in technological discussions and decision-making.
- Strong communications and organizational skills to facilitate teamwork and help coordinate small to large teams of IT professionals.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
Altice USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to recruiting, hiring and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds regardless of gender, race, color, creed, national origin, religion, age, marital status, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.
Altice USA, Inc. collects personal information about its applicants for employment that may include personal identifiers, professional or employment related information, photos, education information and/or protected classifications under federal and state law. This information is collected for employment purposes, including identification, work authorization, FCRA-compliant background screening, human resource administration and compliance with federal, state and local law.