Desktop Support / Workstation Engineer
Description/Comment: IT Administrator 1, this role monitors and controls computing systems and associated peripheral devices to ensure continuous and effective operation; determines equipment setup and procedures for running such equipment within a works Distribution/Fulfillment Center environment.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
* Provides second- and third-level technical support to internal customers* workstations, peripherals, and associated systems.
* Able to ensure continuous operations by implementing creative and standard solutions; serves as a resource to junior technicians.
* Viewed as a technical resource and/or subject area expert in their field by peers within IT.
* Understands business partner/customer group* s business objectives and how their work can help the business realize its objectives or, in the event of problems, adversely affect their productivity.
* Can organize, assemble and lead teams of like technicians.
* Resolves reported problems related to hardware, operating systems, applications, security/software updates, materials handling systems, and configuration issues.
* Communicates technical information to technical and non-technical end users.
* Possesses technical knowledge and understanding of end-user systems to work on complex projects and participate on technical project teams.
* Works with other IT team members to identify and resolve operational problems.
* Supports the planning and installation of new end-user systems and upgrades.
* Able to create or modify procedures to solve complex or abstract problems for which no existing policies or processes exist.
* Ensures practices and policies for technology areas are revised as needed.
* Discusses and presents information and issues internally within IT and business staffs.
* Able to interface with all levels of IT management in business terms.
* Provides end-user technical guidance across other functions and to customer groups.
* Ensure effective communications* up, down and across the business.
Organization Relationships: Interacts with all levels of the leadership team, business partners, And peers.
1) Knowledge, skills & abilities:
* Ability to learn new technologies quickly and analyze problems effectively.
* Must possess the ability to multi-task and react quickly and professionally in high-stress situations.
* Willingness to work flexible shifts
* Operating Systems troubleshooting: OS X, Linux, Microsoft Windows 7 and 10 Operating Systems.
* Application troubleshooting skills.
* Hardware troubleshooting skills: PC, MAC, Symbol Mobile Devices, Thermal label printers, Client / Dell / Ricoh / Client laser printers, Cisco IP Networks, and Wireless.
* Excellent analytical, organizational, oral and written communication skills.
2) Minimum experience:
* 5+ years of proven experience in a role providing Technical Support in an Enterprise environment.
* CompTIA A+, or equivalent certification or experience.
* CompTIA Network+, or equivalent certification or experience.
* Microsoft Certified Professional, or equivalent certification or experience.
3) Nice to have:
* Peal Script
* Mobile Device Management
* WYSE Configuration Manager