Job Title: Desktop Support - Direct Hire / Full Time / Perm
Job Location: Sunnyvale, CA
Job Type: Full Time / Perm / Direct Hire + Benefits
"US citizens and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor H1b candidates at this time."
- This role will provide technical support and consulting services on all IT related matters, including laptop and desktop hardware, peripherals, desktop and mobile phones.
- The position will also provide ad hoc training on application use and various internal process and procedures as well as assist in providing periodic reports, inventory management, and other administrative tasks, as needed.
- The successful candidate must be capable of providing optimum customer service to a wide variety of users through professional commitment and dedication.
- This candidate must also be able to adapt to change and learn quickly in a highly dynamic environment.
- This job may require occasional evening and weekend shifts.
- Provide onsite(local) technical support to End users
- Troubleshoot multiple computer and mobile platforms: Macintosh, Windows, Linux, Android and iOS
- Provide advanced support for multiple enterprise applications including: e-mail, calendar scheduling, word processing, spreadsheets, presentations, Internet browsers, as well as specialized department-specific applications
- Manage and provision equipment for all new hires (mobile phone, desktop peripherals, laptops and desktops)
- Troubleshoot and support video conference equipment, including events held onsite
- Remotely troubleshoot local and networked printers, including multi-functional copiers
- Open, track and close all service requests, as well as manage the classification, assignment, tracking, and completion of requests
- Identify and implement innovative solutions to resolve customer issues
- Ensure resolutions are consistent with company standards and policies
- Liaise between local suppliers/Suppliers and our internal GTS team when troubleshooting as necessary
- 3-5 years of end-user supportexperience
- Passion for providing the best customer service
- Advanced knowledge of Windows and OSX platforms. Linux is a plus.
- Familiar with standard networking concepts (TCP/IP, Windows Networking, VPN)
- Experienced supporting productivity tools such as the Microsoft Office Suite, Google Apps, and gMail in a corporate environment
- Experienced utilizing spreadsheet software sufficient to develop formulas, complete calculations across multiple worksheets, and use functions preferred
- Mobile supportexperience for iOS, Android, and MDM solutions
- Flexibility to extended hours or modified schedule to support planned activities or emergency situations
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to prioritize tasks among many competing requests
- MCP, MCDST, A+ Certifications, and knowledge of UNIX systems is a plus
- Self starter with an openness to learn
- Ability to work in a dynamic team environment
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs
- Bachelors Degree in MIS or equivalent degree is recommended, but not required