Job Title: Desktop Support - Direct Hire / Full Time / Perm
Job Location: Sunnyvale, CA
Job Type: Full Time / Perm / Direct Hire + Benefits
"US citizens and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor H1b candidates at this time."
- This position assists users with technical support for desktop/laptop computers, applications, printers and related technologies.
- Provide hardware / software / network problem diagnosis support/resolution to end users located onsite.
- Wi-Fi support and Mobile Device support.
- Assists users with installation, configuration and ongoing usability of computers and peripherals within established standards and guidelines.
- Basic phone system support of desk phones and other ancillary telecom hardware and software; Data networktroubleshooting and support including campus MDF, IDF and hardware/connections servicing campus.
- Coordinate and manage relationships with support teams that provide support for hardware / Software / network and other infrastructure problem issues.
- Setup, configure, and support for video conferencing as provided in campus conference rooms and classrooms.
- Works with vendor support contacts to resolve technical problems.
- Works with service desk as appropriate to determine and resolve issues faced by end users.
- Respond to support requests from service desk, users and other infrastructure teams.
- Use the Ticket Tracking System (HPSM) to document and manage Incidents, Service requests, problems and their respective resolutions and avoidances.
- Backing up/restoring user profiles, e-mail and Apollo work related documents.
- Training: Be willing to participate & provide training to the service desk team to help enhance skills and support capabilities.End user training on software and technology related items; Guidance to students and faculty on the use of Apollo technology.
- Create Knowledge base articles to track appropriate knowledge.
- Ensure all escalated tickets are handled and resolved with high customer satisfaction and with Tickets aging in control.
- Work on Reporting, generating day to day reports, Adhoc reports as and when required.
- Microsoft environment knowledge (desktop & server).
- Have some level of technical understanding of the products building up a desktop service.
- Coordinate desktop changes to avoid deployment collisions.
- Performs upgrades and general preventive maintenance tasks as directed to ensure the longevity of equipment.
- Collaborate with campus leaders and IT Operations staff to provide technology support for regional projects or events.
- Participate in projects concerning bigger desktop changes, for example rollout of new antivirus.
- Ensures that end user's computers connect seamlessly with diverse systems including validation systems, file servers, email servers, application servers and administrative systems.
- Assist in user/hardware movement and branch relocations.
- Performs work in compliance within specified warranty requirements.
- Returns defective equipment/parts to maintenance inventory, documents customer repairs, maintains and restocks assigned parts inventory to insure proper spare parts levels.
- Escalate the issues to proper tier 3 support team when the restoration is beyond the scope and all resources are exhausted.
- Develop trends by monitoring and analyzing incoming incidents or service requests.
- Willing to travel to remote sites to provide support as and when required.
- Hands-on work experience with the following:
- Windows Operating systems
- Clients: Windows 7, Windows XP etc.
- Servers: Windows 2000, Windows 2003 etc.
- Basic Knowledge of Active Directory, Exchange 2003/2007.
- ITSM ticketing tools such as Remedy, HP Service Center.
- MS Office Suite (XP, 2003, 2007): MS-Word, MS-Excel, MS-PowerPoint, MS-Outlook, MS Project, and MS Visio.
- A+ certification would be an added advantage
- Internet browsers (e.g. Explorer, Chrome, Firefox)
- PDA, Blackberry, Apple device support.
- Adobe Acrobat and other common desktop applications like Winzip, etc.