Desktop Support Specialist
8 - 10 years experience • Government
- The candidate will be responsible for assisting client staff by supporting hardware and software installation and troubleshooting services.
- Candidate must possess the ability to install and configure PC hardware, peripherals, and software in both a network and stand-alone environment is required.
- The ability to use diagnostic software is required.
- The ability to read and understand and technical manuals and schematics as required.
- The ability to assemble and support a microcomputer system and multifunction printers, as well as install Cat5e and/or Cat6 cable runs and perform cable terminations is required.
- Specific knowledge required in LAN/WAN, TCP/IP, Remedy, MSWindows., RDP, and SCCM.
- The resource may also be required to document technical processes.
- Strong team leadership skills are also required.
- Although the primary focus of this position is to support mobileconstruction offices, the Workstation Specialist may also be required to support all other areas of client including all units throughout the all offices
Specific duties for the position include:
1.Installs computer system hardware, software, and related peripherals in accordance with departmental procedures and technical manuals.
- Installs and configures PC hardware and peripherals (printers, modems, mice, tape drives, CD-ROMS, video cards) to meet user requirements.
- Installs Cisco VPNrouters.
- Connects/disconnects PCs and printers to the network.
- Attaches network cables at switch and PC or printer.
- Assigns workstation and LU names for PCs being added to the network.
- Installs related software (Windows, applications, networkdrivers) needed for proper functioning of the complete system and all interconnected devices.
- Configures CISCO Any Connect VPN software on non-networked PCs.
- Upgrades or repairs existing PC equipment by replacing or adding memory, floppy disk drives, hard drives, motherboards, and I/O cards as required.
- Installs and tests images for department PCs.
- Planning, schedule, and track hardware deployments.
- Train end user on use of newly deployed equipment.
- Identify and recommend changes for efficiency gains.
2.Provide all required information to assure a complete and accurate equipment inventory.
- Unpacks/packs computer equipment.
- Receives, checks in, and inventories equipment.
- Reports all inventory transfers.
- Records inventory information and updates Remedy Asset Management System.
- Runs reports from Remedy Asset Management System.
- Coordinate equipment deliveries and pickups with client staff.
3.Provides direct support for workstation requests and issues.
- Responds to workstation related trouble calls both on-site and remotely.
- Provide PC related support to end users via telephone and e-mail.
- Process requests for LAN user accounts.
- Troubleshoots individual PC problems resulting from SCCM pushes.
- Run SCCM reports and monitor workstations for compliance
- Creates and updates Remedy tickets.
4.If needed, document technical processes and/or update existing documentation.
- Experience installing, configuring and troubleshooting PC hardware/software
- Experience supporting laptops/docking stations
- Experience with Remedy ticketing systems
- Experience installing print devices
- Hands on experience with Cisco VPNrouter installation and support
- Experience creating process documentation
- Experience supporting enterprise level PC deployment projects in multiple locations
- Experience in project management
- Experience leading team deployments