We are looking for Desktop Support Specialist for our client in Boston, MA
Job Title: Desktop Support Specialist
Job Location: Boston, MA
?US citizens and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor H1b candidates at this time.?
- Desktop Support is responsible for Customer/User satisfaction as it relates to IT services and support. Acts as supporttechnician for sites as assigned and will perform tasks associated with managing, prioritizing, and resolving Help Desk tickets.
- Maintains the IT inventorydatabase.
- Provides support of personnel as it relates to the use of equipment and software
- Assess, debug and resolve technical problems associated with desktops and system peripherals.
- Performs all duties in a respectful and professional manner.
- Performs all duties in accordance with client's policies and procedures.
- Performs all business administrative duties in a timely and accurate fashion.
- Participate in projects and meetings as required.
- Support of personnel as it relates to the use of equipment/software in the client's enterprise environment as needed.
- Coordinate site visits with service providers.
- Assists with troubleshooting and resolving Network issues as required.
- Assist with the Monitoring and Maintaining the health and integrity of the network
- Assist with local backup and restore process as required
- After hours support as authorized and required
- Responsible to perform related duties as required.
- Respond and resolve tickets and incidents in accordance with client's IT policies and procedures as they relate to customer support and updates
- Maintain inventories of all client's IT assets using the client's inventory collection process to secure Commonwealth assets.
- Manage the upgrade of hardware & software when necessary to insure that all services are provided in a secure and timely fashion. This includes but is not limited to new Anti-Virus, Operating System patches, or other mandated software upgrades as directed by client's standards and practices.
- Clearly communicate and/or escalate to their supervisor any IT operations issues or disruptions (planned or unplanned) to minimize user impact.
- Assist Telecom with movement of IP phones as required.
- Work collaboratively with internal and external groups in a team environment to improve overall customer service and support.
- Utilize any and all resources available through client and other sources for assistance with problem resolution.
- Implementation of client's IT enterprise images for PC?s (Desktop/Laptop) according to client's procedures and policy to insure a consistent environment.
- Responsible for timely response and support during scheduled and authorized non-business hours to insure continuity of services to the network environment.
- Install and move assets as required according to client's policies and procedures
- Assist with meetings special projects and other requests as required to maximize the efficient use of IT resources.
- Complete all activities within client's security policies and practices to insure the safety and privacy of data, its clients and its resources.
- Act as the contact person for office wiring/cable installations and performs related duties as required.
- Required to travel to various sites as needed or requested.
- Participate in team meetings as required
- Manage site specific projects as related to desktops.
- Assist with site specific projects as related to networkinfrastructure & server support
- Install, configure and support state issued mobile devices
- Assists with troubleshooting and resolving Network issues and infrastructure as required.
- Assist with local backup and restore process to include swapping tapes, restoring files, and transfer of media as required
- Support, trouble shoot and configure remote access to assist network users with connectivity to client's network from non-magnet connections.
- Perform all duties as required and directed.
- Knowledge of hardware / Microsoft operating systems through current version
- Experiencesupporting MS Office Suite
- Experienceworking with Active directory
- Knowledge of and experience with the Local Area Networks (physical and logical).
- Knowledge of capabilities and limitations of computer hardware (PCs, Laptops, Printers & Peripherals).
- Knowledge of IT industry standards.
- Knowledge of the principles, practices and techniques of professional writing and communication methods.
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
- Ability to understand the laws, rules, regulations, policies, and procedures, standards and guidelines governing all client's activities
- Knowledge and experience with basic security measures and requirements
- Valid drivers? license and access to a vehicle
- Ability to lift up to 35lbs & push 65Lbs