?We are looking for Desktop Support for our client in North Chicago, IL
Job Title: Desktop Support
Job Location: North Chicago, IL
Job Type: Contract ? 12 Months / Contract to Hire / Direct Hire
?US citizens and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor H1b candidates at this time.?
- The Desktop SupportTechnician role is a technical resource that provides a single point of contact for all IT support issues.
- This role will work closely to resolve issues with end users, the service desk team, and their team lead.
- Provide high level of customer service
- Provide phone and deskside support to end users across the site
- Utilize the SNOW ticket tracking system to categorize, prioritize and escalate issues as necessary
- Take ownership of issue\request through resolution or escalation
- Analyze hardware and software problems, perform trouble shooting per approved procedures, identify alternative solutions and take appropriate corrective action
- Perform hardware and software setup, configuration, and testing per current standards and approved procedures Help create and maintain system support documentation
- Maintain excellent ticket hygiene (SLA management of tickets and tasks) in ticketing tool
- Ensure that work is carried out within agreed Service Levels. (SLA's)
- Client on-boarding, transfers, and off-boarding efforts
- Maintain high level of accuracy of AMDB
- Availability during weekend and after hours as per rotational roster
- Finish Projects (asset refresh etc) in a timely manner
- Work on IMACDs and off hours move requests
- Work with the team lead to make the team lead successful and be a great team player
- Help users facing issues with Mobile Devices
- Show urgency in helping C ? suite users and provide exceptional service
- A+ certification and CCNA required
- 2+ years of experience in Microsoft Windows and networktroubleshooting, web based application support, and familiarity with the entire Microsoft end user suite of products
- Strong interpersonal skills and thoughtful and effective communicator
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent time management and organization skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong experience and understanding of Office\O365Experienced in working with Service-Now platform preferred but not necessary
- Working knowledge/experience with PC Imaging Tools.
- Working knowledge/experience with diagnosis and remote control tools.
- Working knowledge/experience with Audio/Visual equipment used in presentation/conference rooms.
HelpDesk : IT, Helpdesk Support, Desktop operating systems, Desk Side Support, Desk Side, IT Support, Technical Support, WindowsSupport, MAC Support, MACOSX Support, Remote Support, Support Tech, 24x7, SupportTechnician, Outlook Migration, Exchange Migration, printer support, VOIP Support, LANSupport, WindowsSupport, Windows7, Windows XP, Windows8, antivirus software, spyware, desktop computers, network servers, network printers, remote connections, connectivity, networks, MS Office, desktop technician, PC technician, support engineer, PC support, desktop support, PC ticketing, laptops, fixing, cabling, LAN/WAN, network. Cisco switches, hubs, TCP/IP, IP, troubleshooting, SMS, Active Directory, Dell Kace, Help Desk systems, A+, CompTIA, Dell Support, HP Support