Job Title: Desktop Support - Direct Hire / Full Time / Perm
Job Location: New York City, NY
Job Type: Full Time / Perm / Direct Hire + Benefits
- Desktop Technician will provide day to day local\remote desktop support, receive inbound calls, answer questions, troubleshoot and document steps performed to resolve challenges with hardware, software and application issues in a ticketing system.
- The candidate will also need to facilitate customer resolution for calls and engage their supervisors and managers to ensure operational consistency across all shifts within the IT Support Center.
- Desktop Support Engineer provides Break Fix, fault diagnosis and resolution.
- Providing fault analysis to customer's various core operating systems and platforms, as well be able to provide support and apply desktop fault resolution for the approved application suite.
- The ideal candidate should have 2-3 Years' experience in Windows Desktop support.
Responsibilities and Functions:
- Provide first/second level contact and problem resolution for customer issues.
- Work with vendors to remediate complex AV issues as needed.
- Provide timely communication on issue status and resolution.
- Maintain ticket updates for all reported incidents.
- Install, upgrade, support and troubleshoot XP, Windows 7, Windows 8.1, Windows 10 and Microsoft Office 2010, Cisco Jabber, another authorized desktop application.
- Should have basic knowledge of Mac operating system, to support Apple pc users.
- Install, upgrade, support and troubleshoot for printers, computer hardware.
- Performs general preventative maintenance tasks on computers, laptops, printers.
- Performs remedial repairs on Desktops, laptops, printers and any other authorized peripheral equipment.
- Use diagnostic tools to troubleshoot problems associated with network connectivity, and workstation hardware/software.
- Broad experience of IT with a basic understanding of Networks, Servers, Audio/Visual, Smart Devices, and Telecoms.
- This position requires the ability to work in a project-based environment requiring flexibility and teamwork.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications and Skills:
- Due to the nature of the assignment, the client is preferring someone with a Bachelor's Degree or equivalent in Computer Science or related field.
- Due to the nature of the assignment, the client is preferring someone with CompTIA A+, Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) or better.
- Due to the nature of the assignment, the client is preferring someone with
- Minimum of 18 months years of IT experience.
- Windows 7-10, Microsoft Active Directory, utilization of GPOs, Microsoft Office 365, PC hardware installation and troubleshooting, Enterprise anti-virus solutions, Helpdesk ticketing systems.
- Mobile device management including IOS and Android devices, Enterprise encryption solutions, Windows PC/laptop management via Active Directory.
- Proven analytical, troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
- Proven ability to multi-task, effectively determine priorities and meet SLA's.
- Excellent communication relationship-building and internal customer service skills.
- Adaptable and flexible in a fast-changing industry and work environment.
- Willing to work off-hours and weekends when required for projects or emergency support.